News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Oren

Started by Yrose, November 06, 2008, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrose

I ordered a pair of shoes from Lady Oren and have not been able to reach her. Now her website is down. Does anyone have contact information for her?
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Scarlett

It might just be an outage due to network issues or site maintenance.  She sells on Ebay - you might want to reach here that way.  It's probably only temporary and nothing to worry about.  Good luck! 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

DonaCatalina

I did get an email from her saying she was out of business but she would finish up pending orders. Apparently the economy is starting to pinch garb sellers too.
She has had to take a full time job.
This is the third small business garb seller that I know of to drop out.
It's a shame really......
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

gem

Oh, no, that's heartbreaking!  I adore her.  I just hope she doesn't leave the forums, too!

volans

I'm having problems, too. no shoes, paid a while ago. I got them once, but sent them back for re0fitting, and never got them back. Emails are being sent back, hone is disconnected, no website. If ANYone gets a hold of her, please put it in here... I just want my money back.
I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty

LadyElizabeth

I have had alot of problems with her actually.  My sister and I ordered shoes becuase they're just so pretty and period looking.  After about 3 months, she finally sent our shoes, only she made our shoes identical.  I had asked for a very very different style.  So I sent them back, resent the original email with the full description of the shoe I wanted and waited.  After another few months, she sent yet another pair that was completely wrong, wrong leather color, wrong style, wrong emblem on the top.  It sort of fit, was a bit tight though and would never fit with socks....  I tried to email her, call her many times, and all sorts of other things, but I"ve never heard from her.  I'm waiting to send them back until I hear from her that she'll actually make the shoes I paid her for instead of all these other crazy designs I don't like or have asked for....  I hate spreading "gossip" about people because I really do like her designs, it's just obvious that she's not really a great business person due to her lack of really trying to get the shoes right and on time. 
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Yrose

I have heard good things about her from several people or would not have ordered. I received my order without the rubber soles and sent them back to get them. I have not been able to reach her since. I would like to have the shoes, but do understand that she might not have the time, in which case the money would do.

LadyElizabeth

I just wanted to share that I wore the shoes she made me for the first time this weekend and they were quite comfortable.  Now I must caviat this with these are NOT the shoes I ordered or anything even that looks close, but I gave up on even trying to get those.  I put a little smooshy heel thing in the bottom and ended up wearing them both sat and sun this weekend cause they were so comfy on sat!!  So at least there's that, right?  I really would consider getting another pair from her in the future, but at this point it seems she's just not able to provide the shoes ordered in a timely matter, so I'm going to hold off.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Sir William Marcus

Unbelievable. I own several styles of her shoes and can't think of one negative thing to say about her.

She has always been a joy to work with, and for her to just throw in the towel and to hear all the negativity I can only assume something personal with her has gone terribly wrong.

In my dealings with her in the years this is just way out of character for her as she was always a good business woman, offered a great product for a lot less than most, and always made sure her customers were completely satisfied.

It's a sad day
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Yrose

I contacted Paypal today about my claim I had made. Because it is an "not as described" claim they will not do anything unless she receives more claims on her. Please if you payed through Paypal dispute it.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I am sad to read that Lady Oren is going out of business. I saw her shoes on her website. They looked lovely and well made.

Rest assured, I will not be going out of business anytime soon. Even in this economy, I am growing because I do other periods in addition to the Tudor/Elizabethan garb. I also do Alterations and people always need something altered.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Yrose

I know she had quality shoes and had a good reputation. I wouldn't have bought from her other wise. I understand the economy problems and her having to take a job. I just want the shoes or the money. Even though she had to close, she should stand behind her reputation she had for years.

inuchan01

I have the same problem. Communication was great until mid-October when I found that her site was down. Now, her phone number is no longer in service, PayPal is useless (since it wasn't paid for through eBay), and her email address routes back to me with a "could not find user" message. Her website is still gone. I hope she's alright.

I tried reaching her through her Myspace account, this forum, and her former business email, but to no avail. Help!

inuchan01

Update: I just received this email from her forum email address.

Greetings,

Lady Oren's Medieval Shoes is now closed for business. I do not have internet access in my home anymore and am using the public library computer when I can. Thanks for your patience during my difficult financial times, I have taken a full time job. Your shoes will ship or you will be sent a refund, but it will be after the 1st of the year before anything resumes. If requesting a refund please send your full name and mailing address.

Thanks
Lori Fuelling

Yrose

Unfortunately that is an auto response she has set up. I have not received any information or communication from her but the same auto response since September, when I sent the shoes back.

Quote from: inuchan01 on December 09, 2008, 03:09:38 PM
Update: I just received this email from her forum email address.

Greetings,

Lady Oren's Medieval Shoes is now closed for business. I do not have internet access in my home anymore and am using the public library computer when I can. Thanks for your patience during my difficult financial times, I have taken a full time job. Your shoes will ship or you will be sent a refund, but it will be after the 1st of the year before anything resumes. If requesting a refund please send your full name and mailing address.

Thanks
Lori Fuelling