News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Moresca Mega Dress

Started by Celtic_Fae, August 20, 2009, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Does anyone have any photos of someone in a Moresca mega dress? I don't have any faires that carry Moresca, and before I buy from the website, I'd like to see more photos of how it looks on.

gem

Lady Susan, the fan lady from Fancy Things Feather Fans, has a Mega, and I am 100% positive I have a photo of her wearing it... but I don't know from when, unfortunately!  It'll take me a while to track it down, but I'll post it when I do!  Alas, I couldn't find a shot of her on her website in it...

CapnFayeCutler

I cannot help, the only person I know of who has a Mega dress has altered hers so you cannot tell it is the same dress (btw, hers looks AWESOME).
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Anna Iram

Kathryn, I finally found my camera. It was tiucked inside my beach tote!  ::)

I'll try to get some pics up of mine by the weekend.

Celtic_Fae

No worries, Anna. I just was curious to see how it looks on a variety of women, to see if it was one of those items that will last through many different weight fluctuations and still look good. Down 5 lbs. in a week!  ;D

gem

I don't know why it *wouldn't.*  It's essentially an Irish gown with fancy sleeves (or like the Greycat Huntress gown; Laura used to have a gallery on her website, and women of all sizes looked fab in the Huntress).  I wore my last Irish over a range of about 25 lbs (It actually looked almost *better* when I was a wee bit heavier: better cleavage.  Sigh.)

Since it doesn't appear to be as fitted as, say, a bodice, it should be more forgiving of weight loss.

Anna Iram

I can personally attest that the gown is *very* forgiving. :) More so than I am, perhaps ,in my gains and losses.

LadyShadow

I have one that looks similar to that, but isnt exactly like that from Moresca.

I just checked all my pics and none of them show the full dress.  I'll have to take a new one or scan one from years ago.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)