News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Holiday Faire for Rennies!

Started by Benedict Browne, November 06, 2008, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedict Browne

The Society of Creative Anachronism (SCA) Barony of Stierbach will be holding its annual Holiday Faire at the Prince William Fairgrounds on 22 November from 10:00 – 6:30pm.  The holiday faire is a great place to pick up hand crafted items that fit into renaissance reenactment.

In the past we have been successful in obtaining feast ware, garb and materials for garb at this faire, all at great prices.  There is also on occasion a vendor from Ohio who shows up and heaps a very large mound of gimp and trimmings onto the floor that you can literally dive in to.  On average there are close to 80 vendors at this one day affair.

You don't have to go in garb, but you are welcome to do so.  There is a small admission fee for Non SCA Members: Adult - Non-Members $11, Children - (6-17) $3.

Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

Master James

NICE.  I'll have to go check it out.  Might find some good things for VARF there.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

will paisley

Quote from: Benedict Browne on November 06, 2008, 07:57:21 AM
The Society of Creative Anachronism (SCA) Barony of Stierbach will be holding its annual Holiday Faire at the Prince William Fairgrounds on 22 November from 10:00 – 6:30pm.  The holiday faire is a great place to pick up hand crafted items that fit into renaissance reenactment.

In the past we have been successful in obtaining feast ware, garb and materials for garb at this faire, all at great prices.  There is also on occasion a vendor from Ohio who shows up and heaps a very large mound of gimp and trimmings onto the floor that you can literally dive in to.  On average there are close to 80 vendors at this one day affair.

You don't have to go in garb, but you are welcome to do so.  There is a small admission fee for Non SCA Members: Adult - Non-Members $11, Children - (6-17) $3.

Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112

Have you gone in garb before?  If so, how was your reception?  I have encountered a bit of resistance in the past showing up in garb at an SCA event without actually being part of the SCA.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Benedict Browne

Quote from: will paisley on November 06, 2008, 03:15:09 PM
Have you gone in garb before?  If so, how was your reception? 

We were welcomed with open arms!  In the past, we have also done some greyhound activities with them at this event and in return they have had some of their greyhound people visit us at faire.

You may remember the Black and Red dress that Jenifer wore a couple of years ago, that she shrank out of.  She purchased that lovely gown at this same holiday faire.  And there will be items that run the gambit from Medieval to the Renaissance.  So there are good deals that can be found. 

Unlike what we are use to in going to faires and interacting in character, this is not the same kind of event.  It's sort of a SCA Flea Market, so don't expect faire style entertainment or interaction.  Now with that said, they will be having ongoing competitions in their weaponry and in their Arts and Sciences that you can observe in another part of the grounds.
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

lordwriothsley

I'm sorry I could not be at that holiday ren faire yesterday but I did think about it all day long.How did it turn out and what kind of numbers for attendance did they pull yesterday for that faire.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"