News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oddities in the Forums

Started by Bonny Pearl, November 07, 2008, 01:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

hi there,

i noticed recently that there is something odd going on when i view the forum boards.  comments aren't there even though it shows someone recently posted, etc.  also, i am experiencing a password error when i log in, type it in again and then i get signed then.  i know i can type fast, but this is happening repeatedly so i don't think it is typos every time or anything like that.

anyone else seeing strange happenings?
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Var Greyshadow

I think I know what the first one is.  If someone edits their post, it shows up that they posted.  Check for "Edited" in posts to see what might be new.

The oddity I'm seeing today is that the "Forums" button at the top now says "Home".  The "Home" button for the home page is still there, and the one that used to say "Forums" still goes to forums home.  It's just kind of weird.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Anna Iram

Guess it proves you can go home again....? yuk yuk yuk

Seriously, John , or DB could explain it better, but new updates were installed and a few of the preferences (like the forum button) need to be tweeked back to place.

Var Greyshadow

Update: When I got here just now, I was logged out (which I never actually do), and the pasword it remembered was wrong.  However, when I typed my password, it did log me back in.  Similar to Bonny Pearl's problem, I think.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"