News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Attendance and Pets

Started by Castle Canine Creations, February 06, 2009, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Canine Creations

Greetings everyone,

I was curious if anyone knew an accurate attendance for this fine faire? I have read 35,000 but for 6 weeks that seemed kind of small to me, although I have never been there. Also, do you see a lot of people bringing their pets? Thanks a million, and have a great day.
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Nyneve

Hmmmmmm...that attendance does sound a bit low...not sure what actual numbers are.

As for pets - there are many people who bring pets to this faire - more than I've seen at most other faires I've attended.  It is very "pet friendly" having animal watering stops in several spots throughout the shire.  As far as I am aware, you my register your animal prior to entrance, and I believe there is a $5 fee for each pet. 
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

Athena

GLMF is a smaller faire, but judging from the what I've seen I think the numbers are higher.

You'll see lots of pets at this faire. It's also very wooded, making those hot summer days more comfortable.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Scotsman

35K is probably the average weekend attendance ... not season.

As for pets Lady Guinness brings hers up every year ... have not needed a leash yet, but he is slightly potty trained  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Castle Canine Creations

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the information under Faire Directory on this web site and they have 45K for the attendance. We would love to come up, Texas is unbearable in July and August.  :P
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I took my Giovanni (Italian Greyhound in my avatar) to GLMF over 4th of July weekend last summer.  If you go to their website you can print a very simple form to fill out indicating vaccinations and dates, fax back and then as said before pay the $5 admission fee for your pet day of.  You may have to go to a separate area to get a picture taken of your pet.  They wanted me to do that last year however the camera wasn't working.  The King himself was so taken with my Gio that he gave him personalized attention including walking straight up to the bar and ordering my pup a water!   ;D

FYI... North Carolina Renaissance Festival is also a pet friendly site.  It runs last weekend in March, first weekend in April this year.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

trevor ylisaari

I have no clue what the attendance numbers are for the faire.
Though I can say that there is no way we see 35,000 on one weekend.

I'd say 45,000 for the run sounds like a good conservative estimate.
I can see 10,000-12,000 people on a good weekend like Pirate weekend with good weather.
And I will bet that the bad weekends (like when it rains) we'd be lucky to see 5,000 over both days.
It's hard to judge as you never see everyone all in one spot. And people are constantly leaving while others are just coming in.
I'm basing my numbers from my experince at going to concerts.

Capt. Morgan

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.