News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Random Quotes

Started by willin, May 07, 2008, 05:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

You can be pretty sure your God is a god of your own invention when it turns out He hates all the same people you do.

~Anne Lamott
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

redkimba

I needed to make sense of them. Books didn't make me wallow in darkness, darkness made me wallow in books, and it was books that showed me there is light at the end of the tunnel."
— Jackson Pearce

Welsh Wench

Cuts, scars, bruises, lies and fake laughs.
Fake smiles, constant cries and a horrifying past.
Promises broken, lost loves..
And the 'trust me' that didnt last.

~~Unknown
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

KeeperoftheBar

"Sometimes, the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power, mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love, true love, never dies.  You remember that, boy.  Doesn't matter if they are true or not.  A man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in".

~ Hub~   
"Secondhand Lions"
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

SirRichardBear

Man in White Suit: I'll kill you if you make that noise once the movie starts! Understand? And... I also don't like watch alarms going off.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

SirRichardBear

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Anna Iram

....and learning to be okay with weird noises.  :D

DonaCatalina

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
—A. A. Milne
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

redkimba

If your try fails, what does that matter? . . . the thing is to get sport out of trying.     Sir Francis Chichester, British sailor

DonaCatalina

The play's the thing
Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.
    William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 2 scene 2
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Jack Daw at Work

"Madness!!...Madness!!....Madness!!!"  Last three lines in the movie, Bridge on the River Kwai.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Lady Kett

Don't be afraid to try something new!
After all, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

(I have that on a plaque in my office at work! It was a gift from my staff. LOVE THEM!)

beckgam462

No Son  the sun is light

What you seek is Fire to light that cuban
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

Jack Daw at Work

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."  Albert Einstein
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

DonaCatalina

A dream...I was trying to explain to St. Peter, and was doing it in the German tongue, because I didn't want to be too explicit.
- Mark Twain's speeches, 1923
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess