News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midwest Renaissance Festival

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, May 13, 2008, 01:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Just a reminder that May 17th is opening day for the Midwest Renaissance Festival at Giles Castle, Omaha, Ne.  Come out and join The Ladies of the Salty Kiss as we kick off the rebirth of the faire formerly known as The Renaissance Faire of the Midlands!!!

And for those that have not heard - MRF has purchased everything to do with the Renaissance Faire of the Midlands that was held across the river in Council Bluffs, Iowa for 23 years!!

For more information, check out: www.midwestrenfest.com

See you at the faire!!  You have TWO weekends to enjoy this venue! 

Tis Roll Call Time!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Brother Gregory

I plan to be there on Saturday and watch some of the pirates from Sioux City who are coming down to help out with the festival.

Emerald Shaunassey

Don't be a stanger then, stop by one of our shows and introduce yourself, M'lord Greg!

Until this week's end, may your travels be safe ones.

Fair Winds,
Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Brother Gregory

I will do that and in my local faire I'm known as Brother Gregory.

Emerald Shaunassey

Huzzah indeed!  I shall keep my eye out for a goodly Brother then ... hast been some time since this good Irish Catholic lass confessed.  ;)

Anon, good Brother

Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

Just to remind everyone - come out and join us for 3 days of wonderful faire fun at the Midwest Renaissance Festival - this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday!

Come on out, support this faire!  Stop by the stage show and say hello to m'self and all the other Kisses.

Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

For those of you who didn't make it out to this 'phoenix faire' - you missed one heck of a show!  The owner is a bloody hard working guy and very much a blessing, his management team are miracle workers.  The cast is absolutely phenomenal, the vendors are warm and welcoming.  The stage shows that performed with us are truly talented folks.  This faire definately has heart and warmth to it - more so than many faires we've worked in the past.  Honesty, integrity, a very big lack of egos and "diva-ness" - a faire where you can come in, do your job in harmony with the rest of the group, and go home feeling you made a difference and that you matter to the owner. 

Memorial Day was an experience that was so wonderful it is hard to describe to you. 

Having never worked any of the Nebraska faires before, I was truly blown away by this one.  It definately sets the gold standard for performers!

Plans have already begun for the 2nd Annual Midwest Renaissance Festival; contracts have already been signed by performers AND vendors.  The owner is making plans to enlarge and improve what's already there.  So, don't hesitate, come out and join us May 16, 17, 23-25th, 2009!  You won't regret coming to this festival!

Fair Winds,
Emerald

Doc Tyma

If possible, I would like to work at or volunteer as street cast for this event next Spring.  When will information become available?
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Emerald Shaunassey

Doc,
     Look for a PM from me with contact info to assist you in your quest!

Emerald

Black Ordun

Emerald;

Thank you and the ladies for keeping a weather eye cocked my way!  Thank you more for the Memorial Day tribute - it was not standard Faire fare and was very moving.

Thanks as well for the compliments on the local performers - we may not be up for academy awards but out patrons have fun.

....jeff  aka Black Ordun

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Black Ordun on September 25, 2008, 02:25:38 PM
Emerald;

Thank you and the ladies for keeping a weather eye cocked my way!  Thank you more for the Memorial Day tribute - it was not standard Faire fare and was very moving.

Thanks as well for the compliments on the local performers - we may not be up for academy awards but out patrons have fun.

....jeff  aka Black Ordun

Jeff,
     We have to keep 'a weather eye' upon each other!  No one else will, tee hee!  Those of us who work faires, in what ever capacity, are family and in my books - family takes care of their own.  I am honored that you enjoyed our humble tribute, it is our pleasure to let folks know just who is responsible for those freedoms we take for granted every day.  It is also a personal way for me to commemorate my grandfather and great aunt who served this country and whom I never got the chance to meet. 
     Midwest quickly stole my heart and imagination and that is due to the cast, crew, vendors, and my fellow stage show artists.  The patrons enjoyed themselves immensely and it showed.  I look forward to next spring's faire when I can once more be among my family.

Have a great one!
Emerald