News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Kingdoms Renaissance Festival - Rock Island, IL

Started by Dustin, August 18, 2008, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

September 27 & 28, 2008. Admission is $10 per day for adults, kids age 8-13 are half price. If you buy tickets in advance, they are $8 per day for adults and $4 for kids 8-13 (7 & under is free). Also , two day passes are available either in advance or at the gate for $16 for adults and $8 for kids 8-13. The location is fairly close to the Quad Cities International Airport, so there is plenty of hotel and motel accomodations. Also, the festival is held at the Camelot KOA Campground, so camping should be available. It's a newer faire, started in 2005, and it's pretty small from what I can tell, but it seems like they have some decent entertainment and vendors. Four Kingdoms website

If anyone thinks they might attend, let me know. I'd like to meet some folks.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Dustin

Anyone besides myself and Lady Renee Buchanan planning to attend this one?

Whistler Fred

I'll be there with Merry Measure.  Looking forward to it!
Whistler Fred (Lauritzen)

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Dustin

Ah yes...I thought I had seen reference to Merry Measure on these boards before...

When and where are you fine folks playing Saturday? Perhaps we can set up a meet and greet.

Whistler Fred

We are tentatively scheduled for the King's Hall Stage at 11:30 and 5:00 and the Rampant Boar Tavern at 2:30.  Should be enough time in between for a meet and greet.

"Get ready for the Whistler.  I'll whistle along on the seventh day."  Ian Anderson

Dustin

How does 1:30 on Saturday outside the Rampant Boar Tavern sound?

Whistler Fred

Lady Renee Buchanan

I just received notification from the organizers that I will be part of the cast, volunteering as one of the Queen's ladies on Saturday, Sept. 14th.  So look for me with the Queen!

Hopefully, I'll be able to meet up for the Meet & Greet, but that will depend on Her Majesty's schedule.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

wildthingjew

We just received confirmation on our hotel so miss katie scarlett and i will be there for sure on sat. will call on monday to order our tickets ahead of time.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Dustin

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Dustin on September 29, 2008, 01:47:12 AM
Click here for my pics of my first ever faire experience!

Sorry I missed you, Dustin.  I couldn't see the album.  Photobucket wouldn't let me, even though I have an acct.  Why don't you post them here?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Dustin

Lady Renee, I saw you with the Queen, but didn't get a chance to talk to you. I did get to talk with Whistler Fred, Wendy, and John (Merry Measure). I changed the settings on my Photobucket account, it had somehow been set to private, I don't know how. It's public now.

Dustin

Here's my wife Cheri (green headband in the back) and I with Merry Measure at the Rampant Boar Tavern:

And here we are with Her Royal Majesty, Queen Isabeau: