News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ren Faire food challenge

Started by VIII, November 10, 2008, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nimer

I made some Rogue's Tartar sauce:  1tb Mayo & about 1ts Lady MacArthur's Rogue's Relish
It was very tasty on leftover fish from Rockfish!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: Bugsey on November 11, 2008, 05:45:28 AM
But ..... the turkey legs at faire aren't actually turkey though right?

We like to refer them as "Dragon Legs" and thats actually what they label them as here at my home faire  ;)
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lairde Guardn

The one food that I still like to make (although I have not in a while) and that I liked the best of all faire foods was called A Dragon Egg.  I found it at one of the faires in Texas.  I think it might have been Excalibur.

It was just a small version of a Scotch Egg, but instead of an Egg in the middle, there was a cheese stuffed jalapeno pepper.  With the spicy sausage and bread crumb wrap, they were perfect with a pint in the pub.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

RumbaRue

Take home food from faire? Well whatever is left in my cooler is taken home. ;D
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

jinx

Quote from: Bugsey on November 11, 2008, 05:45:28 AM
But ..... the turkey legs at faire aren't actually turkey though right?

Well, according to Dudley, they're small children who misbehave.  o.o  Told me to pick out the one that irritated me the most, let him know, and he'd see to it. 

I've never taken Faire food home.  But then, I usually avoid eating Faire food.  XD
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Amira

I usually camp at Faire so whatever is left in the cooler comes home with me. Lots of cheese and pickles seem to always make it back home! :D
Amira Hawkins
The Peasant Guild ~ California

Queen Bonnie

Lord A and I used to get the 2 for 1 turkey legs and ribs at the end of the day at Scarby and take them back to the motel and feast!  They are very yummy! Best Turkey legs I ever had at faire are the ones from Scarby! They are roasted not smoked!
I took half a prime rib sandwich home from TRF. It was good the next day- on fresher bread. Shepherd's pie is good for using up faire leftovers.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Macintyre

why take it home when you can make it yourself.  I make my own scotch eggs but put a bit of a southern twang on it with some tony's.

Love Good Wood

I've noticed that Walmart Superstore here in Waxahachie sells Turkey legs... although I have to say they are not near as good as Scarby's

BLAKDUKE

Mcintyre
I agree I made 1/2 dozen scotch eggs yesterday and I would put them up against any I hav gooten at faire.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Elinor Hakebourne

Never tried bringing food home from faire...the potatoes and big sundaes we usually get are eaten right on the spot! (And there's nothing like eating salt potatoes while amidst all the hubub of faire) :) *sigh* I'm getting hungry...

gypsylakat

I'm sooo hungry!!! I'm completely broke right now! I've been living off spagetti and whatever fast food is available on campus that my bf can buy me, quesadilla's from taco bell are getting really old... I was able to make pork chops and freeze some 2 weeks ago...
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Quote from: Lady Neysa on November 12, 2008, 02:48:07 PM
I've never actually taken home food from faire before other than cinnamon nuts . . . .

Mmmm, I <3 the King's Nuts. I was all prepared to only enjoy them at Faire. Then I found them pre-packaged at a local gas station. I jumped for joy! And then they closed down the gas station.

dangnubbit.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Jack Daw at Work

We have a cafeteria where I work and on occasion, turkey legs are served.  It also serves grilled chicken, but there is no stick to skewer it.  That's good enough for me!  Alas, no mead or ale is served; and, I can't wear the kilt, great or small, to work.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Craigmeister

Okay.  I'll ask...

What awesome place do you work at that serves turkey legs?  I've never seen them in any work or school cafeteria I've been in.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.