News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

fixins for the pot

Started by Carl, November 12, 2008, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Just so we don't end up with 100 lbs of taters I talked with Peter the Master of the Mixin Oar. We plan on bringing Italian sausage hot and mild and a sack o taters. If someone already has bought taters let us know we an bring another veggie.(taters keep) Remember bring something you like ,Peter said take it from Barbosa  the pot o luck ingredients are "more of a set of what you'd call guidelines than actual rules". We should be able to make it in early friday evening 6-7 pm as long as my boss does'nt nut out.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Old Tinker

good thoughts our friends.
that's why thee is conte' and contessa',
thy bloodline must be of royalty.
this Old Tinker should have thought of that.
hows bout me's add'n food stuffs to the attendee's list'n.
if all come'n could post on this topic what they's plan to bring,
me's will slot they offer'ns next to thy's name.
me's will also carry this message over to our Highland Family (KYHRF Forum),
and return with there donations to "The Ultimate Cauldron of Pot Luck", or side dishes if they wish.
so me's better get with it, just give this Old Tinker a little time.
okay peoples, lets hear from ya  :)

me Belle and me plan to bring; fresh can'd beans, some homegrown onions, red and green sweet peppers me's dried meself and tomatoes prep the same way. that's for the POT.
but me's sure do enjoy some cheezes and bread, with grapes. so we shall have that as a side or just snacks.
fore we shall all need nourishment all day.
now off to the list'n for our "Sixth Castleteer Gather'n" - "Support for Harrys Dream".
as always, travel safe - travel far.
i be                                                            therefore                                                    i am
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Old Tinker

well me Belle thought it would be better to bring the list'n here, then add the food stuffs all and any may bring. now in no way does this commit anyone to bring fixins or side dishes. always seem to be plenty when it comes to a "Castleteer Gather'n", to eat, and beside, "The Ultimate Cauldron of Pot Luck" never runs dry.

here we go;

"Captain" humphrey
Peter the Beer Slayer                                    *his 5 gallon friend (for the gullet)
Maeve Nations & Kadden + wench sister- Layla  * carrots (for the Pot), wenches with smiles (for all to enjoy)
Whits_End
Poof Bird
Lady Pegos
kydavid
WindChime
Sir Jim
Bugsey
Angus & Lady                                        *10# of stew meats, canned tomatoes (for the Pot), bread
Sir Lobo & Lady Starr                              * veggies, taters (for the Pot), munchies (for all)
CapnFayeCutler & Brother                        * Galic (for the Pot), PeanutButter (for dunk'n)
Conte Carl & Contessa Donna                   *Italian Sausage hot & mild, sack-o-taters ( for the Pot)
jinx
travis, Susan & Erik
AuntyLou
Capt Lucy
Sir William Marcus
Curto & Imestra +fri                                 *one pound of stew beef (for the Pot)                     
Sir James & Lady Missy
Old Tinker & Belle  *canned green beans,red & green sweet peppers dried,dried tomatoes, 1 gal. water(for the Pot)
........................................................ cheezes, bread and grapes (for snack'n)

Katie- in spirit   *a beautiful smile :)
StareNorthSteve- in spirit   *ale, ale, with ale  ;D
Lady Everclear- in spirit   *an almost empty bottle  :o
decyon +fri- in spirit    * out of control   ;)
spirit & his  +fri- in spirit  * unable  :(
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

WindChime

I was planning on bringing a assortment of bake goods. Cookies, brownies, banana nut bread (mom's special recipe). I can also get some rolls and butter to have with the stew since I will be coming from wal-mart.

P.S. Hey Tink I am CherBear from the Kentucky fourm. :P  I just used my buisness name there so the othter vendors would know who I was. ;)
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Angus

I will be bringing about 10 lbs of stew meat for the "Pot", I'll also have some canned tomatoes, and Bread as well...

Sir Lobo, and his Lady Starr, will be bringing veggies as well as Taters for the "Pot".

...plus some "munchies" to share, and some libations.
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

Old Tinker

Quote from: WindChime on November 12, 2008, 10:47:25 PM
P.S. Hey Tink I am CherBear from the Kentucky fourm. :P  I just used my buisness name there so the othter vendors would know who I was. ;)

EUREKA WindChime, well me's learn something new ever day.
shall update as time allows, keep it come'n.
OT & B
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

CapnFayeCutler

I'm bringing my brother! To the castle, not for the stew. We may be coming up kinda late Friday night (10ish? 11ish? eek!) and we're bringing peanut butter for the stew. What? It's a thickening agent! Hehehe.

Hmmm...been thinking. If anyone's allergic to peanuts then that's bad, so we're bringing garlic too. As we learned last time the cauldron was brought out, there is NO SUCH THING as too much garlic! *grin* The peanut butter will be used elsewhere I'm sure...I'm thinking a cookie dunk. Woo! :P
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Poof Bird

i'd personally lean on the side of caution with the peanut butter, Faye.  but, that's me

Angus

Peanut allergies are quite common...

...not me, I'm "allergic" to green beans.  :-X
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

CapnFayeCutler

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm bringing the peanut butter for cookie dunking then. ;) Cookies + PB = Awesome
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

I know its last minute but I think I will be able to come with my daughter Windchime tomorrow also.

Sir Jim
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57