News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FOKTOP News

Started by Var Greyshadow, May 13, 2008, 07:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir LJ

Queen Bonnie,

You are most welcome! It was my honor!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Sir LJ

Since we have regrouped I found this today. It is something that Count Adolfo and I worked on together.

FOKTOP Knight Values

What makes a FOKTOP Knight? What puts a FOKTOP Knight above the rest? Many other forums of knights have come and gone; yet FOKTOP lives on. So why does FOKTOP stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

Once a knight has entered into the brotherhood of FOKTOP, he or she must learn to draw upon the legacy of FOKTOP. Therein is where lies his or her strength. In return, the strength of FOKTOP relies in the individual knight. One cannot co-exist without the other.

The character of these knights are defined by 3 constant FOKTOP Values:
Honor
Courage
Commitment

Honor

Honor requires each knight to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct.  Honor is many things; honor requires many things.  A FOKTOP Knight must never lie, cheat, steal, but even then much more is required.  Each knight must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs.
Above all, honor mandates that a FOKTOP Knight never sully the reputation of FOKTOP.

Courage

Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and still much more.  Courage is moral strength, they will to heed the inner voice of conscience, they will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others.  It is mental discipline and adherence to a higher standard.  Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences.  This courage, throughout the history of FOKTOP, has sustained knights during the chaos, perils, and hardships of battle.

Each day, courage enables a FOKTOP Knight to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment

Commitment is a combination of selfless determination and a relentless dedication to excellence.  FOKTOP Knights never give up, never give in and never willingly accept second best.  Excellence is always the goal. 

When their active duty days are over they shall simply be known as a
FOKTOP Knight Veteran. 
There is no such thing as an ex-knight or former-knight.

The commitment never dies.

Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah and well done Lord Jarhead and Count Adolfo!  That is well spoken! I like it a Lot!
  May I add one other virtue a good FOKTOP knight must poses? A sense of humor! It takes a good one to Slay Evil Peeps!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Sir LJ

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 06, 2008, 11:44:04 AM
Huzzah and well done Lord Jarhead and Count Adolfo!  That is well spoken! I like it a Lot!
  May I add one other virtue a good FOKTOP knight must poses? A sense of humor! It takes a good one to Slay Evil Peeps!

Your Majesty,

It shall be done.
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Old Tinker

DISPATCH:

to   ----  all FOKTOP KNIGHTS !  stop
from ---  thy own, **General, Lord Jarhead  stop

What makes a FOKTOP Knight? What puts a FOKTOP Knight above the rest? Many other forums of knights have come and gone; yet FOKTOP lives on. So why does FOKTOP stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

Once a knight has entered into the brotherhood of FOKTOP, he or she must learn to draw upon the legacy of FOKTOP. Therein is where lies his or her strength. In return, the strength of FOKTOP relies in the individual knight. One cannot co-exist without the other.

The character of these knights are defined by 3 constant FOKTOP Values:
Honor
Courage
Commitment

Honor

Honor requires each knight to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct.  Honor is many things; honor requires many things.  A FOKTOP Knight must never lie, cheat, steal, but even then much more is required.  Each knight must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs.
Above all, honor mandates that a FOKTOP Knight never sully the reputation of FOKTOP.

Courage

Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and still much more.  Courage is moral strength, they will to heed the inner voice of conscience, they will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others.  It is mental discipline and adherence to a higher standard.  Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences.  This courage, throughout the history of FOKTOP, has sustained knights during the chaos, perils, and hardships of battle.

Each day, courage enables a FOKTOP Knight to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment

Commitment is a combination of selfless determination and a relentless dedication to excellence.  FOKTOP Knights never give up, never give in and never willingly accept second best.  Excellence is always the goal. 

When their active duty days are over they shall simply be known as a
FOKTOP Knight Veteran. 
There is no such thing as an ex-knight or former-knight.

The commitment never dies.

may all, read and understand, by orders of our Queen Bonnie and her **General, Lord Jarhead.

Liaison of all Military Communications,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Count Adolfo

Peeps fear this credo!!

Huzzah to LJ for finding it!
And grammercy, Majesty... was my honour to work on it with the General

Queen Bonnie

It is lovely to have a  FOKTOP credo! Grammercy to you both!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Count Adolfo

It was mostly Lord General Jarhead's doing, Majesty...
I was mainly a mere consultant on the task.

He doth deserve the lion's share of the credit

Sir LJ

Thank you Count, you were just as much a part of it as I. Let it also be known my Service of choice, The Marine Corps, was also a VERY BIG PART of the wording for this.

Let us continue forward FOKTOP! We have a long road ahead of us. By following our hearts, our minds and of course Queen Bonnie, WE SHALL PREVAIL!

HUZZAH to FOKTOP!
HUZZAH to Queen Bonnie - LONG MAY SHE LIVE!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Ginette

HUZZAH to FOKTOP!

HUZZAH to Queen Bonnie - Long Live the Queen!!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Count Adolfo

Peeps fear the immortality of FOKTOP as much as the resolve of its knights.
Late at night, they have meetings discussing the fact that FOKTOP is eternal and the demise of Peepkind is assured.
So say we all

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! Let us all drink a toast to the eventual demise of the evil Peeps!  LONG LIVE FOKTOP!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Count Adolfo

Hip hip... HUZZAH!!!

Sir LJ

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 14, 2008, 09:44:20 AM
Huzzah! Let us all drink a toast to the eventual demise of the evil Peeps!  LONG LIVE FOKTOP!!!

The day draws nearer and nearer Queen Bonnie!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! I think the evil Peeps know their time is limited. Still tis TOO Quiet here!? What are they plotting now?
Wingardium Leviosa!