News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

WIRF Letter

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 14, 2008, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Hi, Everyone.  I found this letter on another board.  I've never been to this faire but have always heard great things about it.  Didn't see anything like it in this thread, so here it is:

Greetings Entertainers,

As you've probably heard by now, the WI Ren Faire has been threatened with the possibility of foreclosure.

As things now stand, everything is very much 'up in the air'. Various solutions are being proposed, and a whole range of possibilities are being entertained -- from finding a buyer(s) to rallying support from the shareholders and others to help the faire reach its next season.

At this point, we are still planning on a 2009 season. We also understand that this is your livelihood, and we wanted to inform you about the current situation so that you can book other venues if you need to.

We will keep you updated as we learn more. Because of the foreclosure action, time is short and a solution has to be found quickly. This means that we should be able to provide you with more concrete information regarding the 2009 season by the first of the year.

If any of you know someone who might be interested in purchasing the faire (the grounds are owned by the faire -- 120 acres riverfront), if you know people who might be interested in investing, or if you have other ideas, feel free to let us know.

We'll keep you abreast of the situation and hope that we get to see you in 2009!

Sweetwater,
Kenton and Rebecca Whitman
K & R Creative Enterprises, LLC
Directors of Entertainment
Wisconsin Renaissance Faire
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Marietta Graziella

Thanks for the update Lady Renee.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Toarmod

Anyone heard anything new with respect to this?

Lord Clisto of York

Hail all,

After talking to the president of the faire this afternoon, I have been given the go ahead to post this information.

It is now official that the Upper Wisconsin Renaissance Faire will be on from July 4th/5th through July 18/19th Saturdays and Sundays for three weekends. So, plan on making the journey to Chippewa Falls and having a great time. If you would like more information just e-mail me. The Wisconsin Faire website is going to be updated to reflect these dates very soon.

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

DeadBishop

Hopefully this season goes well enough to warrant expanding the run back to it's full length.  I would hate to think that shortening it to three weeks would hurt the overall success of this faire.

R/F.com member since 2003

Lord Clisto of York

These are the biggest of the weekends and with the economy as it is, for this year at least it makes sense. Just an FYI, other things are being planned on the faire site as well such as concerts in the off season. So, keep tuned in for more info.

Noble Dreg

Yes!!!  My B-day is during the run!!!  I am sooooo there!

This is indeed great news for me...I need to keep my WIRF mug collection going, at least 20 more! (I missed last years, did they have 'em?)
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lord Clisto of York

Yes they did have them. It is also possible they may have some old ones around if asked.

Pizpor

This is great news.
Cuthbert and I will begin celebrating right now!

Lord Clisto of York

Oh god... You two will be really ripe for opening by then. LOL...

Lord Clisto of York

ATTENTION UPDATE!!! -

I was just notified as of yesterday by the president of the faire, Wednesday 2/25/09, that due to economic reasons and the faire now looking for a buyer, the Upper Wisconsin (Medieval) Renaissance Faire has been canceled for this year. If something happens in the meantime, this could change, but we can not count on that at this time. This is a sad time in our economy and it is impacting everyone and every business including other faires, but we are looking ahead to opening again next season in 2010. Please keep a watch for further developments to come in the near future. E-mail me if you would like any more information:sirclisto1@sbcglobal.net

Lord Sir Clisto

Sorcha

This is sad news indeed.  I do hope a buyer can be found!  :'(
Thanks for keeping us up to date Sir Clisto.

Lord Clisto of York

Yes it is sad, Sorcha. We are hopeful that something can be done. Especially with us being an educational faire as well, which is not usually the norm. This economy sucks and it will be curious to see how it effects some of the big ones too. Especially like Bristol with season passes increased now to $100.00 from $85.00 and increases in other areas and at other faires too. People are not traveling as much and penny pintching since loosing their jobs and money and needing to pay their other needs. I got a feeling a lot of faires are going to be down in attendance as well. I know places need to turn a profit, but you just can't raise the price when money is loosing interest. It will be interesting this season for sure.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Toarmod

That is a bummer indeed. I was looking forward to repeating the fun we had there last year. Well I do hope they find a buyer, it is such a charming faire!

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small