News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

WIRF Letter

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 14, 2008, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissBubu

Lord Figaro

I think it was said best in WW2 when the Germans asked for the surrender of troops in Bastogne "NUTS"
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Lord Clisto of York

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Dinobabe

Quote from: Toarmod on February 28, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
That is a bummer indeed. I was looking forward to repeating the fun we had there last year. Well I do hope they find a buyer, it is such a charming faire!

It is very sad to hear, reminds me of the old VA RenFaire closing.

There are 2600 members on just this forum.  The Faire owes $872,000.  That's $335 each.  We could pool our money and everyone on the forum could own 3.8% (or something like that)!  Pretty cheap to say you own a Faire (and the free season tickets would be nice)! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lord Clisto of York

Wish that could happen, and yes, that is cheap per person even in this economy. And, thats to pay off all of the debt. To have a faire this season we would have only needed to get about 125.000 up. Thats per the main investor. Oh well, for now people there are fundraising through different means to get SOME money up. Still is more of shooting for next season. I am optimistic.

Dinobabe

Quote from: sir clisto on May 13, 2009, 12:37:18 AM
Wish that could happen, and yes, that is cheap per person even in this economy. And, thats to pay off all of the debt. To have a faire this season we would have only needed to get about 125.000 up. Thats per the main investor. Oh well, for now people there are fundraising through different means to get SOME money up. Still is more of shooting for next season. I am optimistic.

If they are fundraisers that can work long distance (those of us that don't live in WI) post it!  ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lord Clisto of York

They are pretty much local Chippewa things, brat and hot dog stand, rummages etc...

Pizpor

I've started a fund raiser too and am looking for sponsors that will donate $1 for every ale or mead that Cuthbert and me drink. We should have this paid off in no time. 

kcdcchef

pittsburgh took a year off due to crappy ownership and local apathy, and came back better than ever with better ownership, more patronage, better advertising revenues, etc.

not saying you guys have those types of issues up there, just sayin', hang in there, you may get your faire back.

Lord Clisto of York

We are really trying to stick in.

kcdcchef

Quote from: sir clisto on May 19, 2009, 03:09:24 AM
We are really trying to stick in.

i asked this in another thread, but let me ask you this, since i know nothing of this faire, nor have i ever even been, but, how much does it hurt it to have such an extrordinary faire so closeby? i have actually been to bristol, been about 10 years, but it is like my home faire, old, entrenched, huge loyal fanbase, etc. very similar to my home faire in kansas city. does that hurt, having a faire that strong within a few hours?

for real, hang in there. grass roots efforts are all that save these faires. i mentioned pittsburgh, which i live in pittsburgh. kansas city is my home faire as i mentioned, been going there 30 seasons. they had issues in 2003, and were ready to close up and move all over a dispute with the county over the lease on the land. i was so scared they were going to move. same animal, grass roots efforts from the vendors, patrons, actors, and local supporters of it that the county bowed to the pressure and renewed the lease for them. now again, different issues than you guys are having. just saying, hang in there. it is the people that make our faires go that keep them alive, even in times like these. i truly, TRULY, hope you guys get your faire back.

Lady L

I just got my latest issue of Renaissance magazine, on page 88, the Wisconsin Ren faire is still listed, with dates of July 4-19. Is this cancelled or what? Someone should really update this, before people show up at the gate.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lord Clisto of York

Lady L,

I have posted to this a lot, not just here but many other places. I am part owner in having stock in that faire, that is why I have said what I have with no rumor involved and try my best to thwart what others are saying that only hear on the side. The faire is NOT happening at least this year. Some buildings are gone and the land is for sale. Articles in mags etc are put in way ahead of time and the print goes to print with their schedule. The dates listed in the mag were tenative earlier on when we thought we could get it up and running this year. But, it has been listed and mentioned about not opening elsewhere, as well as the website not being updated. So, for 2009 there isnt one.

kcdcchef,

It isnt a hurt to have the WI faire where it was and Bristol in the state. It isnt as close as you think for one. The Upper WI Faire is over 4.5 hours from Bristol over 280 plus miles away. The WI faire started before Bristol in the season by 3 weekends. It is well closer to the Minn border then Bristol and many great people come from the twin cities and not Bristol. That was never a factor. This was all other issues which I can not go in to here. We are hoping that it can be a go for 2010 season. Hope this helps put things to rest for the moment. Thanks again for the support.

Sir Clisto

Lady L

Sorry Sir Clisto, (you sound stressed)
I know you are trying to get the word out. *I* understand that it isn't going to happen this year.
I also know that print is behind when it comes to news... internet is the fastest. But, what I meant was, I hope everyone finds out it is cancelled before they drive there.
I did see that the website is updated. There are still people without internet, though. (hard to believe maybe, but I know quite a few of them)

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Lord Clisto of York

I understand. Not stressed here, just keep posting to as many places as possible the same info I can in hopes most people do get it in time. Just gets old fast. LOl... But, there will probably be some that will still end up going. Not many, since most will usually post or ask about it to see if others they know are attending as wll. Sorry if it sounded like I came off differently. Didn't mean to. I do have future hopes since it was a good event.  (bows and kisses hand)