News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Morelanders at MDRF

Started by Professor M, November 16, 2008, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

"Ahgagagagaga"

Is that the proper spelling? Can you use this in a sentence? Noun or Verb? Country of origin please?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

April

Ain't nuthin' but love goin' on here!  :-*

And as for you, Scotsman :P, I can spell however I want to!  And it's more of a "noise of endearment" than a word.  According to Ryan's video, apparently I like to make my own little noises.  Teehee!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

rgander1

The proper spelling is AuhGiGeGiGH
pronounced [agegig'a (ag'gige??)]
country of origin: Revel Grove
AuhGiGeGiGHing, also known as aggigiting in the United Kingdom, is a speech disorder in which the flow of speech is disrupted by involuntary repetitions and prolongations of sounds, syllables, words or phrases, and involuntary silent pauses or blocks in which the AuhGiGeGiGHter is unable to produce sounds. 'Verbal non-fluency' is the accepted[citation needed] umbrella term for such speech impediments.
AuhGiGeGiGHing is typically a developmental disorder beginning in early childhood and continuing into adulthood in at least 20% of affected children, usually found in connection with A.D.O.S.

AuhGiGeGiGH: Definition is as follows
transitive verb, intransitive verb
AuhGiGeGiGH
the act or an instance of AuhGiGeGiGHing
Related Forms:
AuhGiGeGiGH: noun
AuhGiGeGiGH Synonyms :gigity gigity gigity goo
v.
stumble, falter, sputter; intoxicated slurr of a repetitive nature
AuhGiGeGiGH Usage Examples
Object
something: I just AuhGiGeGiGHed something, then cunningly changed the subject.
Converse of object-
overcome: ......is somebody who has overcome an AuhGiGeGiGH.
develop: I myself developed an AuhGiGeGiGH at the age of four or five.
do: I say, speak up, don't AuhGiGeGiGH.
Preposition: into
have: For somebody who has an AuhGiGeGiGH, life at times is a struggle.
Adjective modifier
severe: I had a severe AuhGiGeGiGH, this was something which after a lot of hard drinks I managed to overcome.....I think
slight: Delivered in her renowned style with erudition, punctuated by a disarming slight AuhGiGeGiGH.
Modifying Another Word
just: This from the man who has just AuhGiGeGiGHed his way online.
away: When she looks into the camera she is just AuhGiGeGiGHing away.
slightly: "...unable to prevent myself AuhGiGeGiGHing slightly and repeat what April has said " .
Followed by an intransitive particle
along: The season had kind of AuhGiGeGiGHed along, problems with my brain, post-op at the end of 1998.
AuhGiGeGiGH Quotes:
One evening in October, when I was one-third sober, An'taking home a'load' with manly pride; My poor mouth began to AuhGiGeGiGH, so I lay down in the gutter, And a pig came up an' lay down by my side. Then we sang 'It's all fair weather when good fellowsget together,' Till a lady passing by was heard to say: 'You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses', And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

—Burt, Benjamin Hapgood (for the most part)

Ryan Anderson of Big Thicket Blacksmith Shoppe (a branch of Hillbilly Highlander Forge)

Scotsman

Got it ... I can continue with life now  :-\

Now that you mention it, I believe I have used this in Scots Speak before ...

"I drank so much Scotch I AuhGiGeGiGH'd all over myself"

... and who could forget ...

"I didn't know she was married until her husband AuhGiGeGiGH'd the hell out of me"

Thanks for putting it all into perspective friend! April, you have opened a rich tapestry of communication ... I thank you AuhGiGeGiGH much!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Terry Griffith

If I play a lot of pubs does that make me a gigy guy?
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

rgander1

Quote from: rgander1 on November 19, 2008, 11:22:38 AM
AuhGiGeGiGH Synonyms :gigity gigity gigity goo
I believe it may Lord Griffith
Ryan Anderson of Big Thicket Blacksmith Shoppe (a branch of Hillbilly Highlander Forge)

Amras Elfwine

*sigh*

...oK, I gotta get up to PRF this upcoming season...too much fun goin' on up there...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scotsman

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on December 11, 2008, 11:49:35 AM
*sigh*

...oK, I gotta get up to PRF this upcoming season...too much fun goin' on up there...

Lets plan a trip together .... Lady Guinness and I make the trek once yearly.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Professor M

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on December 11, 2008, 11:49:35 AM
*sigh*

Amras, we would be happy to welcome you to Morelandshire!  Please plan the trip.  I'm already looking forward to seeing you there.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Amras Elfwine

Scotsman, sounds like it might just make for a good op order...let us plan it.

My dear Professor, the first round shall be on me, and the second and third on my friend, Scotsman...Huzzah! 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scarlett

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on December 11, 2008, 06:48:07 PM
Scotsman, sounds like it might just make for a good op order...let us plan it.

My dear Professor, the first round shall be on me, and the second and third on my friend, Scotsman...Huzzah! 8)

Hmm..... I see the pressure is on us locals to host a tailgate as wonderful as that which our Revel Grove friends had on closing weekend.  Morwyn and I will need to plan.  DuCouer & Syrac - bring the Smithwicks!  The Brad will be in charge of stogies.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Professor M

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on December 11, 2008, 06:48:07 PM

Ah what a great offer!   It's the only downside to being a cast member, that I cannot drink during the day.  But we can raise a mug together at pub sing.  Slainte!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Charity Morgan

I finally make it 'round to catch up and I see that things are shaping up nicely for next season already...our hostesses with the mostestes are lining up the early morning tailgating crews and our good professor will still be sober to close out the day for us!...it would be grand to see many of our far traveling friends arrive and be welcomed by the kind of generous hospitality that they show us in our neighboring shires.  To stick with tradition we should really have a friday night gathering to greet...wonder if mumsies wants to take that on at her place or should we stick closer?...of course Scotsman likes his tailgate to start around 8am but I imagine after a Mumsies trip home 9ish would do!  Either way the good news is gas should be affordable, even if nothing else is!  Now...WHAT will you wear?!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

mumsies

It is great to see everyone already looking forward to next season...definitely a way to help keep those winter blues away! Always wonderful to visit with our "out of town" family too. Charity-I did catch that little hint-you just give me a date and plans for a gathering will commence!
Speaking of winter blues...rumblings of winter renstock already started, will keep everyone posted as plans begin.

DuCoeur

The More-"landers" the merrier I always say...ok its late so excuse the bad pun.

And is the Aaaagagaga similar to the popeye laugh???

Amras...I do hope you can make it up here....Of course I will be in Revel Grove Labour day for Ren-de-vous.

Then back at PRF the following weekend.  Perhaps if you are recovered enough, we can just move the party north?!?

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.