News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Central Texas Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Ann of Draycott, May 13, 2008, 08:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rochelle

Well hello Moon Dawg, havent had a chance to see you in awhile. I think Michael & I might head on out there this weekend, well thats the plan. Dont know if we will be camping or not , still thinking on that one as well as the joust tournament at 4 winds, great campground there. We will know more come Friday  evening.
Let the games begin !

Lady Ann of Draycott

Looks like we might be there this Saturday, June 7th.  We are talking about it anyway.  I'd really like to see what it's like.  I'm not sure if we will be in garb or not.  Maybe...  ;) 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Lady Ann of Draycott

Looks like Saturday may not be too bad!

Sat Jun 07  Isolated T-Storms 88°/74° 30 %
Sun Jun 08  Isolated T-Storms 92°/73° 30 %
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Moon Dawg

I'm gonna wear me wee kilt an a kewl shirt! Nothing heavy! A water baloon booth might not be a bad idea!
M)D
lady Rochelle I will be looking for thee! Camera in hand (an a Guinness in the other)
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Yrose

We might try and make it the last weekend. Who else is trying for that weekend?
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Queen Bonnie

Var and I will try to make last weekend.
Hopefully I will be over the Renndezflu by then!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Moon Dawg

I gots me Guinness! See ya on the morrow!
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony

eloquentXI

Take lots of photos for me as I will be there in spirit! And everyone drink water, I don't want to hear of any dehydrated Rennies!  >:(
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Captain Kilian

looks like we will be there on Sunday the 8th (sadly I work the 7th). Hope to see people there!!!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Shudder Bug

Quote from: eloquentXI on June 06, 2008, 11:03:41 PM
Take lots of photos for me as I will be there in spirit! And everyone drink water, I don't want to hear of any dehydrated Rennies!  >:(

I mean no offense to the organizers of CTRF when I say  IMHO the faire grounds were more of a ghost town  :(  sadly there is nothing to photograph.  At 12:30 there still was no food or refreshments to be had.  If there were entertainers about I did not see them and with less than a handful of vendors my friend and I decided to leave.

For myself I do not believe at this point and time I will be giving this location another chance.  I was sorely disappointed.

Shudder Bug

Queen Bonnie

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I had hoped it would be good. I have so many good memories of Excal at that site last year.
Did it get better on Sunday?  I am anxious to know!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Moon Dawg

Well there were Belly Dancers and Lark the harpist (Who played most of the day with only a few short breaks. There was no food until after 2:00Pm when one of the vendors showed up. The beer people flaked out Thursday (Some on ought go adjust their attitude) but Being good Rennie's we were prepared for that! HUZZAH! I was disappointed that Little Mac dinna show.
I am proud that they got off their duffs and did at least this much. Will I go back? Hell yes! I'll be there next Saturday. I ordered a new mug from Rigor and a new shirt from Renshirt's and got a wee boot knife from the Mongolian Embassy.
I don't know what everyone expected but yes I did have fun.
After Scarby a small faire like this may be a let down for some but it is a place for like minded people to gather no matter what or how much is there. This is a gathering place for the hardcore's and that was what was there for the most part.
With support it will grow back but support it must have from the community. With Gas prices it will be nice to have it come back close to Austin like it is.
So yes there wasn't a whole lot there and I didn't expect there to be but yes I did have fun and yes I will go back. I will not however be there closing weekend due to prior commitments but next week I will.
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony

Captain Kilian

We went for a few hours yesterday (we were both pretty tired so getting there at all was a major accomplishment), and it was fun. WE saw a few familiar faces, chatted with the vendors a bit, did a bit of archery, and then headed back out. I think we were there too early for much of the entertainers to doing their thing, though the harp playe rwas there, and had just finished up a set when we walked in.

Was it disappointing? Only if you expected something big. We knew it would be smaller then Excal from the last few years, so no, it was what it was.
Would we go again? If we have time, and likely if we can go when we know others would be there. This faires draw for us would have to be the fellow rennies.
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Lady Ann of Draycott

We went Saturday morning, got there a little early and ended up talking to the owner's daughter until the faire actually opened.  She was very nice as was everyone there.  We wandered around for awhile and talked to a few people, but it was pretty quiet.  At one point I asked Tim if he could tell how many patrons were there besides us and he said, "probably about 6"...

We ran into Moon)Dawg and talked to him for a few minutes, met the lady that runs the archery booth, sorry I can't remember her name, and she gave us a tour of her booth and building.

The highlight of the day was when we were back by the jousting area.  There was a lady back there with a big Macaw and she let Tim hold the bird on his arm!  It was very cool and he (Tim) loved it, I'm not sure how the bird felt about it.  I got a few pictures, I will try to ge them posted tonight.  Anyway, they played with the bird for a few minutes and then we strolled on.

There was no schedule for the entertainment and when one of the shop owners was asked by another patron about entertainment, her comment was that they were just "winging it" and that there was no schedule.  Also, we heard that the entertainers are not being paid by the faire, they are working for tips only.

Like Moon)Dawg said, they are not selling adult beverages this year because someone backed out at the last minute, but they will let you bring it in.

There was no food at all while we were there and by noon we were really starting to get hungry.  Neither one of the two food vendors who were suppose to be there had bothered to show up.  The owners said they were going to get some food and try to have it ready by 1:00 pm but we decided not to stay.  Had there been more people we knew there we might have stayed, but alas there was not.

Will we go back?  Maybe, but only if we know there are going to be more people we know that are going to be there.  We were kinda bored...

Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Ginette

I would love to go this weekend. Now if I can talk the husband into going as well ...
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!