News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Turkey Day parade

Started by Angus_Cutter, November 18, 2008, 11:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus_Cutter

So I was talking to Mip, and she said that she is going to take part in the Turkey Day parade.  I was just wondering who all else was planning on going...

Terry Griffith

I think many of us would have if we had been asked.  A bunch of us have been waiting to hear something about it.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Angus_Cutter

I guess Mip is going next Wednesday to be sized to get some royal looking garb.  She I guess talked to Betty.  I we both have her cell number; if anyone would like it, just send me a message...

Professor M

Yep we got a call, too.  Nell Belle is going in to get some "fancy garb."  I believe it's actually the "Celebrate the Season" parade on Saturday, Nov 29.
http://www.wpxi.com/wpxiholidayguide/17933036/detail.html
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

We were called as well.  As far as getting fitted, nothing has been determined on that. 
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Mali Mckee

The Guards, burger king (freaky puppet) and yes Mali ....wait for it.... in royal gown(have cameras ready...lol) will be at the parade also. And Kameo also...just checking in gown for her. Can't wait to see you all and open the holiday season with you.
"Women who behave rarly make history!"

Sarai

Quote from: Terry Griffith on November 18, 2008, 11:52:14 AM
I think many of us would have if we had been asked.  A bunch of us have been waiting to hear something about it.

I think there was probably a mix up because of Tom leaving. As far as I know, he was the one taking names for that, so who knows if that list was passed along or if Betty is simply guessing who would like to attend.

Professor M

Well, it's Friday night.  Our wardrobe has been organized and we're ready to go.  Watch your TVs.  I'll be waving to you!
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

spodonnell

They should have it indoors. At least our Downtown is kind of small.

Terry Griffith

Everybody looked great.  You didn't even look cold.

Unfortunately, the camera cut away before we could see who was in the carriage.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

anne of oaktower

Me thinks they could have focused a bit less on the ZooperStars (odd things, those) and focused a bit more on our very own SuperStars.  Huzzah, Pgh RenFest! 

You all looked wonderful!  If anyone has that on video, please be sure to post it.  We would love to get a better look at all your smiling faces!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

It was sunny and at least 40+ degrees.  With the multiple layers we had on, I doubt if any of us felt cold by then.  Mind you, standing around the parking lot at 7:30 we were chilly, but Laurie came through with a large vat of hot chocolate that helped quite a bit.  Then an hour later we were lined up at the privies (yes, they had privies).

Like most parades, most of the time and effort was setting up and waiting.  The actual parade was a small part of our day, but it was wonderful.  The crowd was very receptive (some of them were lining up at 7AM, too) and we got good coverage on television.

Cudos to Betty and Laurie for managing things so efficiently, and to all my fellow performers for being so great.  We did well today.
~ C.S. Lewis

Angus_Cutter

Speak for yourself.... I froze the whole time

kilted one

Quote from: Angus_Cutter on December 01, 2008, 07:39:12 AM
Speak for yourself.... I froze the whole time

Well then, I guess we will not see you at the St Patrick's Day parade.

Professor M

I should point out my favorite moment of the parade day.  It was introducing Sabrina (Mip) to Mr. McFeeley.  She couldn't have been more excited! :o  Wow, that was some serious hero worship going on there.  Mip, I'll get you that autographed picture he promised you  :D
~ C.S. Lewis

Angus_Cutter

Well then, I guess we will not see you at the St Patrick's Day parade.
[/quote]

...Ill probably be there anyway...  And this time I can wear my kilt!

anne of oaktower

No videos?  Really?  No one had family/friends standing on the sidelines with a video camera?   :(

Professor M

Quote from: anne of oaktower on December 02, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
No videos?  Really?  No one had family/friends standing on the sidelines with a video camera?   :(

I have it on video tape, but don't have the equipment to transfer it to digital format.  I saw Lindsy (our marketing person) in the crowd with a still camera, but haven't heard from her about pictures.

It's going to be aired a few more times, so you can still see it.  Check the WPXI web site.  We appear about 1 hour into the event.
~ C.S. Lewis

anne of oaktower

Thanks, M.  I did watch it that day, but the film crew didn't stay on the group nearly long enough so we hardly got to see who was there.  I was hoping someone had a good quality video that got all your smiling faces.  :)

metalcelt

We had a grand time as well. I got to see the video later that day. I taped it up to the point they stopped focusing on us. They seemed to like Karl our whistle player a lot with his kilt. Overall I had a great time. My hands were numb the whole time we were stopped in the wind tunnel at the Steel Plaza station.

BTW folks the band and I are in the Steel Valley parade this weekend and we will be dressed in garb. If you want to come check us out it starts at noon.

It was great to see everyone as well!

Matt (Guitar Ar Eigean Gael)