News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Book Exchange

Started by GypsyWriter, November 18, 2008, 01:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GypsyWriter

I recently received a "chain letter" as part of a book exchange program.  It cost me less than $3 to send out 1 book via media mail, and if the chain isn't broken, I should receive 36 books in return.

If anyone is interested in participating--if you are sure you will mail out 1 book & in turn send the letter on to 6 friends who will hopefully keep the chain going--please send me a private message w/your mailing address and I will be happy to send you a copy of the letter.

If this works, I think this is a fun way to share books.  You can send a book that you already own, or maybe buy a copy of one of your favorite books and encourage someone new to read it.
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Scarlett

Hey there Barb!  I've never heard about this kind of chain letter/exchange.  Do you get 36 books of mixed genres or of a particular genre? Let me know if you get the books!
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

GypsyWriter

Good to hear from you Scarlet! Hope you are surviving the off-season with your usual bright spirit and happy disposition!

Yeah, I know these chain letters rarely work the way they're supposed to...that's why I'm looking for people who actually want to participate, rather than just sending my letters off to unsuspecting friends who might dread receiving them.

There are no rules--any book you want to share is good.  I sent "Twilight" to my person!  Tee hee!
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette