News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anybody know about the Lawton, OK Faire?

Started by LadyMorna, May 22, 2008, 07:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMorna

Sir Marcas and I plan to go the the Faire in Lawton, OK the 1st weekend in June. We've never been to this one yet. Anyone else here going?

LadyMorna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Blackbead

I vended at this faire last year and will be there this year.  It is a smaller faire but it already has jousting, some VERY good acts (Bilge Pumps, Ladies of the Salty Kiss), and the food was fantastic and VERY nicely priced.  LOTS of vendors, too!  The fellow that started it has a haunted house on the same site and is trying to get this faire going so that he can use the site for more than one function.  I predict a great future for this faire!  Of course, I may be saying these things just to get you there becasue I vend there . . .

"Pirate."

But, to sweeten the pot, come by me pirate's market and say "Ye be on the beam reach, Blackbead!" and I'll give you 15% off any one item!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

cowgrrl

We'd like to go there one of the weekends but I need to contact the owner.  I will be on a very restricted diet that weekend & I would need to bring in my own food & possibly drink to be able to attend.  We shall see what the owner says.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Blackbead on May 23, 2008, 11:08:48 AMsome VERY good acts (Bilge Pumps, Ladies of the Salty Kiss)
Blackbead

Ahhh, Blackbead, that be right sweet o' ya, mate.  The Kiss be honored to count ya friend!

Until a fortnight passes and I clap eyes upon ya and Cap'n Jasper again..

Be well an' safe

Emeald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: LadyMorna on May 22, 2008, 07:47:50 PM
Sir Marcas and I plan to go the the Faire in Lawton, OK the 1st weekend in June. We've never been to this one yet. Anyone else here going?

LadyMorna

We look forward to seeing you and Sir Marcas once again, Lady Morna.  Safe be your travels to the faire and back.

Emerald
writing from Ne
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Blackbead

Captain Shaunassey!  Fair winds to ye, lass, and a slow galleon!

I'm bustin' at the seams to get back in the trade and it seems like Lawton is months away even tho' it be around the very next corner!  I be hopin' to spend a few minutes over a cold mug of something with ye to discuss a possible business venture that I believe will prove profitable for both of our crews.  Till then, watch the horizon!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Emerald Shaunassey

Blackbead,
     You certainly have my attention and a cold mug would not go amiss that is for sure.  The crew and I shall be sailing into Lawton that Friday before the fest opens; time to yet be figured out (as soon as Coral finds her sextant and other equipment).

I too cannae wait for the fest to open and agree that it seems still months away.

Until then, be well an' safe my friend ... happy plundering!

Emerald 

Emerald Shaunassey

4 days between m' and opening day of Festival!!  Just had to ping this thread to the top to let all know about it!    ;D

Fair Winds an' see ye at the Festival!
Emerald

Blackbead

Ahoy there, mates!  It be only a few days till the opening of this great smaller faire!  Come out and see me in me booth and if ye ask me the magic question," is your ship weatherly?" then I'll take 15% off of any one item!  That includes jewelry, flintlocks, books, CDs, framed poems, toys, clothing, and anything else I have for sale!

I have Kenny Sanders 'Morning "Takes"' CDs - go listen to him at www.myspace.music.com/KennySanders and see if ye like his easy, laid-back guitar style.  I also have "Rusty Cutlass" CDs!  There will be copies of both Characters and Characters in Black and White, books of poetry by Stephen Sanders (and the author will be there to sign them if ye wish!)  I have a some of the replica flintlocks - a Kentucky, a brace of English dueling flintlocks, a blunderbuss, and several of the small pistolios for your boot, hat or bust!

So, come on out!

Blackbead