News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping?

Started by CahirDochartaigh, November 21, 2008, 12:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahirDochartaigh

I've never been to this faire, but me and my clann are planning on attending this upcoming season. How's the camping?
Ar n Duthcas!

SirRichardBear

Camp grounds are very nice they have a heated shower house with flushies besides showers they also have a couple of washing machines.   The grounds are about two minutes drive from the faire site.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Emerald Shaunassey

Just bear in mind that Four Winds lives up to it's name - the wind can and does blow from all four points at the same time - to the detriment of tents.  Bring extra tie out lines and stout tent stakes to hold them.  Also bring shade for your tents/seating area as there are no trees in the campground.  It is a beautiful campground - you can literally sit out at night and count the stars.  I don't know how many times over the years of performing there I've watched falling stars.

Enjoy the faire and post pictures, please as myself and my crew will not be performing there this year.  Bloody down turn in the economy and faires making budget cuts to try and survive.

~Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Stracc

SirRichardBear

There is down toward the back well past the shower rooms.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

DonaCatalina

Does Four Winds have RV hookups?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

MacLaren

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 14, 2009, 09:50:18 AM
Does Four Winds have RV hookups?

Ditto! I'd like some power myself while out there!
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

SirRichardBear

Yes but they have a limited number, not sure how many.  Dustin and Kristin recomment reserving an RV spot if you know which weekend you are going to be there. 
Benjamin Franklin

RenRobin

I have sent off for my spot for Easter Weekend!  Hope to see some of you out there!
Loki-terr (in training)