News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

WOW!!!

Started by rengypsy, November 24, 2008, 09:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

confessions from within the heart and mind...

ok, so, today i sold a house and 3 acres and will walk away with the first $200k to start construction on the land.  the site plan will be submitted to bastrop county soon. the first gravel roads will be put down in the next couple of weeks.  while the billboard is finished, i am figuring the best and least expensive means to work through the texas department of transportation maze of requirements and will have it erected in the first of 2009.  so progress is happening.

i have been overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation from the outpouring of excitement at trf from many of you--of your excitement about sherwood forest faire. 

at the first of trf, the news of a new start up faire was met with skepticism and comments like, "oh, hmmm, another start-up faire.  that's nice.  good luck.  call me in 5-10 years."

but as word has spread, and more and more have dropped by my booth and seen the plans, the brochures, learned that i have actually purchased the 105 acres right on u.s. highway 290, that i actually am a businessman with a business plan...then the attitudes have changed...and some 20+ folk have expressed a real interest in being a vendor out of swf-faire.

the ideas i have been receiving from some of you have been outstanding.  my partner and i will be traveling to bali and thailand in late february-march to buy wood and stone carvings for the faire.  swings, benches, accent pieces.  construction on the front gate should happen days after the site plan is approved by the county.  water lines from aqua water will be ordered in the next week. 

here is what i believe with all my heart.  this will be a very, very special faire.  the grounds, the ambiance, the whole experience, while only on 20-25 acres the first year, will be phenominal and gorgeous for a first year.

a lady came by my booth this weekend and had read every page of the website.  she had been talking to her playtron friends for over a month about sherwood.  she asked how she and her husband could volunteer--cut wood, dig holes, whatever.  it was beautiful listening to her passion.  i told her that we would have a gathering soon and she and her friends should plan on attending...though i am not seeking volunteer labor yet.  i think songwood experience left a bitter taste in lots of good folks mouths...and i want to prove myself first and show yall i am putting everything i have into making this a spectacular experience.

but please know that i strongly believe in the faire being a collage of many people's ideas and visions.  i do believe in the collective paintbrush approach...and there will be a time for any of you to lend a hand, carve your initials somewhere in the ever-evolving fabric of what is and will become sherwood forest faire.

40,000 brochures arrive in houston today from china.  4000 door posters, also.  will have them at trf this weekend.  would love for any of you to drop by and pick some up to distribute.

last word on the post: the gathering will be january 24th starting at 3pm on the grounds.  because of delays in getting the gravel road down, the time had to be postponed until january 2009.  hope all of you can show up.  we will walk the grounds, drink good ale, dance around a campfire and howl at the moon as a kind of "sanctifying" the new grounds for what's to come.

peace to each of you and thanks for the encouragement.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

*Teach*

We didn't get a chance to meet you, but did have a nice long talk with your nephew this weekend and Highland weekend.
After talking to him we decided to do what we can to help. Most of our help will be in the form of telling friends and drumming up support, but anything else we can do... just say the word.
We do live to far away to be much (re:any) help on the grounds, but we'll try our best.
We spent yesterday afternoon out handing out your brochures and business cards to those some we knew would take the most talking to. Basically, we were trying to start a groundswell for ya. Hope it works.

*I am willing to apply for the post of rum-drunk for the faire if that is available...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

rengypsy

You folk are the best.  I so appreciate the enthusiasm over Sherwood Forest Faire.  We will be rockin and rollin as soon as i can get the county to approve the site plan.

I have items being built now for the faire.  These are being made in Bali.  If you can think of other items of medieval and fantasy appeal to add to the ambiance of the faire grounds, offer me suggestions.

Medieval Wheel Barrows and Carts
3-4' chess pieces
Stocks
Tree Swings

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Queen Bonnie

I was happy to meet you at TRF. I am excited about the faire as it is close by and I will be happy to spread the word throught the realm! Wishing you much Magick! POOF! <<<< ! I know it will be wonderous!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!