News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coleman stove question

Started by Catherine DArtois, November 24, 2008, 12:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine DArtois

We have a Coleman camp stove that is having burner issues.  The left burner emits a steady yellow flame -- rather torch like.  We can't find any place to adjust it.  Anybody got any ideas or experience in this regard?
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

RenRobin

Is it a propane or coleman fuel stove?
Loki-terr (in training)

mpullen

Look on the left side of the stove case. There should be something that looks like a clock winding key. That adjusts the left burner.

Catherine DArtois

it's propane. And there aren't any "keys" on the side...
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

Lady Ann of Draycott

We had one once that did the same thing...we couldn't figure out how to fix it so we just threw it away and bought a new one... :P

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

tigerlilly

Try cleaning it?  Maybe you can fit a pipe cleaner down the holes in the burner.  There could be crud in there that's messing up the fuel/air mix and causing incomplete combustion (yellow flame). Mine's a white fuel stove, not propane.  I dunno how cleanable the propane ones are.

Catherine DArtois

So when we buy a new one... do you recommend the white fuel ones instead?  or is there a good dual fuel model?
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

Zaubon

I've learned to love my propane stoves, but I use bigger ones than you do....grin

Catherine DArtois

Zaubon, you CAD!!! (Lady D'Artois slaps playfully at the offender's knee... ;))
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

Lord Moravec

Quote from: Catherine DArtois on November 26, 2008, 07:16:30 PM
So when we buy a new one... do you recommend the white fuel ones instead?  or is there a good dual fuel model?

Yes coleman makes a very good dual fuel stove.
If it weren't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.

somefinfishy

over the years I have had two camp stove fires ( I am very carefull)
both were dual fuels.
You could try cleaning it but as stated toss it and get a new one. or just don't use that burner.
propane is my choice.