News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A very Harp and Fiddle Christmas!!!

Started by Countess Westmorland, November 25, 2008, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countess Westmorland

Hi, Everybody.  I think most are aware that Terry is playing on December 18th at the Harp.  Since it is so close to Christmas we had been thinking that it might be a great night for a Rennie Yule get together.  Just the fellowship of each other, no gifts exchanged, just laughs shared and songs sung.  Pass this on to any of our other friends you may know but who aren't on the boards.  We don't need to make reservations so grab anyone you can think of and come to the Harp! I think there is trivia first and you know how well we did on that the last time!
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Sadira

sounds awesome. I will mark our calendar now.   :D

rgander1

Ryan Anderson of Big Thicket Blacksmith Shoppe (a branch of Hillbilly Highlander Forge)

Professor M

That's Nick's last day of finals.  I may be driving him home that night, so it's going to be tough to get to the Harp & Fiddle.  But we'll try.  Our plan is to drive straight from Bowling Green, Ohio to the Harp.  I'm going to be road-weary when I get there.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

April

I shall do my best to be there.  Thursdays can be difficult because I usually have music rehearsal at my church... that is, unless it is cancelled. So... everyone hope it gets cancelled that night for me!  ;)
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Patrick

metalcelt

April

Quote from: April on November 28, 2008, 10:40:00 AM
I shall do my best to be there.  Thursdays can be difficult because I usually have music rehearsal at my church... that is, unless it is cancelled. So... everyone hope it gets cancelled that night for me!  ;)

I will be there! Music rehearsal was cancelled that evening so the choir could rehearse their musical.
which means...  someone prayed that music rehearsal was cancelled for me!!! yay!  :D 
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

anne of oaktower

Save a couple of seats for us, too!   ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Celynn

You can count my family in too.  What a great way to have a Rennie Christmas.  What time is everyone planning on getting there?

anne of oaktower

I'd kind of like to make it down for trivia this time, so we'll plan to be there at least by whenever that gets started.  Does anyone have a time for that?

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Terry Griffith

Trivia starts at 7:30 and is over between 8:30 and 9:00.  I'll start when trivia is over. 

o.k., Professor M.  I've set you up for the punch line.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

Quote from: Terry Griffith on December 03, 2008, 11:28:25 PM

I'll start when trivia is over. 

o.k., Professor M.  I've set you up for the punch line.

Awww shucks.  That's just too easy.  Should I?  Really?  I guess it's expected....

"How will we be able to tell the difference!?"    ;D

I don't feel good about that.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

Terry Griffith

Time to bring this back up top so everyone can make plans.

This is going to be a very special night for all of us.  Our son, Damon and his wife will be visiting from Santa Fe and are accomplished musicians on their own.  I'm sure we can convince them to perform a tune or two.  Please come and meet them.

Please pass along the information to those you know who aren't on this forum so we can celebrate our "Rennie Christmas" together.  There are many people that I hope to see that night that haven't been there yet.  I've had a few promises that I won't mention here just in case but I think we will see some old friends that are new to our nights together at the Harp.

If you can't make it, Jan and I would like to wish you the happiest of holidays.