News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Family Gathering at PARF 2009 - 26-27 September

Started by Lairde Guardn, November 26, 2008, 09:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

The Homewood Suites sounds good, if we can get a block of rooms there......
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady de la Warr

OK - I'll check on that too. Let me see if I can find them online.

Scottsman - do you have their phone number handy?

Scotsman

Homewood Suites:
200 Granite Run Dr
Lancaster, PA
717-381-4400

My rate, now that I look at it was $95 ... I was thinking of GLMF.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Yeah - I just looked it up on Hotels.com and the rate there is $169. They show it "from $95" but when I click on it the lowest price is $169.

Is that $95 your government rate?

Lady de la Warr

There's a Country Inn Suites literally right down the road from faire - closer than Homewood Suites - for $139 per night.

Again - the Hampton on Hotels.com is $136.

Honestly, unless you have a government ID and can get govvie rates - I don't think we are going to be able to do any better. Not on those dates. Those hotels around faire always jack up prices during the faire's run.

Scotsman

Yeah ... Gov rate  ;D

Guardn' you have a Gov Id, you can get the rate!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Right.

Thing is, I can probably get the rate too. But they may ask to see the govvie ID (I get asked for it every time). So I won't be able to get govvie rate for a block of rooms.

I have left a message at the Hampton to have the manager call me back. I'm going to at least check and see what the group rate would be.

The Homewood is further from faire than 6 miles - its twice that at 12 miles.

The Country Inn & Suites is 7 miles from faire and is on the same street (Lancaster Road aka Rt 72).

One thing I have found Scotsman that sometimes hotels charge a HIGHER govvie rate. That happened to me in Cary, NC at the Quality Inn. I asked them if they had a govvie rate and they said yes and it's higher.

Figure that one out.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Just called Homewood and they said a 1 bedroom w/ 2 queen beds is 185.00 per nite. And for a gov. rate for the weekend you have to show that your there for work.???? So now what?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady de la Warr

Just got off the phone with the Hampton Inn:

I have reserved 20 rooms - half with a King bed and half with 2 doubles - for a group rate of $115 per night for both the 25th and 26th. I believe you can reserve for just the 26th - you'll have to ask when you call.

If you want the group rate you have to call and reserve  your room no later than August 25th. After that any rooms left will go back into the "pot" for $160/night.

When you call tell them you are with the group "The Clan M'Crack" - and want to reserve a room from their block of rooms. Yes I put it under the Clan's name - LOL!

You can call 717-665-6600 to reserve your room.

I daresay people - I think $115 is the best we are going to be able to do. And since the Hampton is right across the street I think a couple extra bucks is worth the convenience.

I think that's all the info you need but they are emailing me a confirmation with all the info so if I find I forgot something I'll post it.

I have already reserved my room since I already had them on the phone. Now all I need to do is set up the Friday/Saturday night meet and greet. I have a place right close to faire in mind - I just need to speak with management once I have an idea of how many we might have.

Lairde Guardn

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady de la Warr

Folks - If you want in on the rooms at the Hampton you need to reserve them no later than tomorrow, August 25th. After tomorrow the rooms go back into the pool and are no longer reserved as a block at the group rate.

Just a reminder.

Master James

Well sadly unless the stars align properly m'lady and I will not be there as she is scheduled to work that weekend.   :'(  If however that changes we'll definitely be there!  As it stands right now, it looks like we might be arriving in PARF the previous weekend.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Milord, Sir Oswyn and I will be there the previous weekend as well - but only on the 19th. It is the weekend of our first wedding anniversary so we'll be at PARF Saturday and we are staying around home on Sunday.

So if you go Saturday we'll see you there.  :)

Master James

We'll definitely be there Saturday.  Sunday is up in the air depending on how my back is doing.  Sadly the paths there kill my back.  However I have new boot this year so it may not bother me as much.  Will have to see.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady de la Warr

Excellent! We are looking forward to seeing you both  :)