News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Squirrel Friend Has Passed

Started by Amras Elfwine, November 26, 2008, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

I weep as I write these words...a squirrel friend has passed.

Some of you have met my dear friends, Stan and Sharon, of Kempner, Texas, during our recent trips to Scarby and TRF, as well as at MDRF. They are two of our extended family, and we love them dearly. I just received the sad, sad news that Sharon passed away today.

Sharon was a lovely lady, with a gentle, loving, almost fae-like soul. She was an outstanding horse-woman, gardener, and ren-fest enthusiast. She was an army veteran. Her husband, Stan, is on active duty there in Texas, and has done numerous deployments to the Middle East. Sharon was one of our own, a squirrel friend and member of the Elfwine Clan. We will miss her...words fail me...

I humbly ask that you all offer prayers and meditations to your guiding spirits, who or whatever they may be, for Sharon and her family, especially her grieving husband. They were a couple who were destined for each other, and truely, dearly loved each other.

We don't know why these things happen. We shall rejoice at having Sharon as our family member, but the grieving shall take a long, long time.

...and tonight, there is a new, beautiful and VERY bright star in the sky...
The Spirit of Ren...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Anna Iram

I'm so sorry Amras. Of course I'll send thoughts and prayers for your friends. For you as well.

lady serena

Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Nicolette

So sorry to hear of this loss, Amras.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Taffy Saltwater

O my dear, I am so sorry that your friend has passed.  My thoughts go out to you and her family.  Peace.
Sveethot!

SirBlackFox

I'm with you mate, if not in person then in spirit.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady Neysa

Amras, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend..may you and her family find comfort and healing. 

Ferret

I am truly sorry you lost such a dear friend. You, and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Later tonight I will look for her star.
Ferret

DeadBishop

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Amy of York

sending prayers  of  comfort  your  way  and  to your  friends  family.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Renee Buchanan

I am sorry for your loss.  We will keep you, Sharon, Stan, and their families in our prayers.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

lordwriothsley

Oh my what a terrible thing to happen especially on Thanksgiving Day.Amras you,your friends,and all their families are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Amras Elfwine

I thank you all! Your thoughts mean the world to the family and to the Clan.

This Thanksgiving, we are rededicating ourselves to what is truely important in life, friends and family, especially friends who are family.

Among all her other attributes, I'll miss her laugh and smile the most...

Arrangements are being made there in Kempner, Texas. We are making our own travel plans, and will be wheels up soon.

Again, very humble thanks. You are all the best!!

P.S. Did you see that beautiful arrangement of Jupiter and Venus in close allignment in the western sky this evening??  Sharon's up there, being gorgeous again...

R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

John

I'm so sorry Amras, way too young. 
I got to visit with you and Sharon at scarby a couple times.  I liked her very much.

Tygrkat

My thoughts are with you, Amras, and your friends and family. May you all find the peace you deserve, and the strength that you need.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Amras Elfwine

My humble thanks to you both.
John, Sharon had great times at Scarby!!

From the Sheppard Funeral Home  (Copperas Cove, Texas) website...

Obituaries
Sharon Paxton Lacny
(August 17, 1970 - November 26, 2008)

Funeral services for Mrs. Sharon Paxton Lacny are scheduled for 11:00a.m., Thursday, December 4, at the Sheppard Chapel of Memories. Burial will follow at the Smith Cemetery in Kempner, Texas.
Mrs. Lacny was born August 17, 1970, in Baltimore, Maryland.

She married John S. Lacny in Honolulu Hawaii on July 30, 1993. She was a technical writer for McLane in Temple, Texas.

Survivors: Husband: John S. Lacny of Kempner, Tx.

Mother: Alma Paxton Cottingham of Kempner, Tx.

Cousins: Chadwick Chennault of Austin, Texas Joseph Chennault of Las Vegas, NV.

Aunts: Shirley Marshall, Sarah Seay and Alice Mitchell.

Godmother: Sharon Cantrell

The family will receive friends Wednesday evening, 6-8p.m., December 3, 2008 at the funeral home.

R/F member since 2004

Rani Zemirah

Sending comforting thoughts and healing energy to you and your clan on the loss of so luminous a member.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Amras, thoughts and prayers to you and Sharons family. God Bless.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Capt. Morgan

For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.  ~William Penn

Thoughts and prayers with you all....
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

DonaCatalina

Condolences to you, your friends and Sharon's family. A sad loss indeed.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Trillium

Sending out lots of comforting hugs, my friend.
Got faerie dust?

Scotsman

God Bless brother ... sorry it took so long for me to find this! Our prayers are with you ... a big hug is waiting for you when I see you again! Let me know if you need anything.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Amras Elfwine

Again, humble thanks...

Scotsman, just let all the old veterans at the home know that we are burying a young veteran who was the devoted wife of an active duty warrior...they'll know what to do...

Love to all!
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

The Maryland entourage has returned from the sad trip to Kempner.
The services were beautiful, with a motorcade to the cemetary that was longer than could be seen across the horizon...Sharon touched so many lives.

She is buried in an old, quiet country grave yard, surrounded by the prairy animals and horses she loved.
She truly epitomized the Spirit of Ren.

Here is a picture of dear Sharon with her husband, my friend Stan, at Scarby in April.

Huzzah!!
R/F member since 2004

Fairyfly

Am, I am so sorry I have read this so late. My thoughts are with you and Sharon's family. Tonight a candle is lit to shine with her bright star! *HUG*
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Amras Elfwine

We thank yuh, lass!

I must admit, I was feeling very low this past week, but Sharon's voice came to me in a dream last night...plain as the moon...and she said "will you just get over it and enjoy life!" Sounded just like her!

I think I have a new guardian angel... 8)
R/F member since 2004