News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Should we rebuild threads here or wait and see what happens with the old board?

Started by gem, May 07, 2008, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

I'm wondering specifically about some of the ongoing discussions or stickythreads in the "mostly informative/educational" forums, like Garb/Sewing.  Is it too early to start a new call for links to dress diaries, for example? 

Do we know--are we here to stay or is this still just a temporary home?

Gramercy, Moderators all!

DeadBishop

I think it's too early to know how long we're going to be here.  However, don't let uncertainties prevent you from having discussions here.

R/F.com member since 2003

DeadBishop

I'd love to see the original forum back up and running too.  Too much history and information are there to let it idly slip away.  I'm sure John will keep us up to date on where we're headed.

DeadBishop

Pictures, stories, articles, links, ideas, memories.....it's worth fighting for.  That kind of stuff is irreplaceable. 

willin

Quote from: Welsh Wench on May 07, 2008, 06:00:56 PM
I know my opinion won't count for jack squat but I hope fervently that we can get back to the old site.
There were too many good times there and I would hate to see it all go.

Or at least I would like to see it up long enough to retrieve some things.

try using  google search for a phrase or something specific you want to retrieve then click the "Cached "
for instance. . .

http://cache.search.yahoo-ht2.akadns.net/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=Welsh+Wench&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-322&u=www.renaissancefestival.com/community/discussion/topic.asp%3FTOPIC_ID%3D18999&w=welsh+wench+wenches&d=Ms_vODWxQnGR&icp=1&.intl=us
GOT FEET ?

Hoowil

I'd say if there is something, especially in crafting or sewing that you need or want help with or to share, don't hold back. If the old forum is fixed up, great. If we can salvage bits and rebuild, great. Until then, lets play here and see where it all goes.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Lady Neysa

Whoa! Go away for a day or 2....what a shock!  How confusing first thing in the morning with barely any coffee in me.  I hope the original board can be re-established. As has been said, too many good posts to lose everything.  If not, we all will just have to make the best of it. As long as we still have a home, we're good.

nliedel

I'm worried about several of the sewing threads I can't live without. No, that is not an exxageration, really. I swear. I'd love to have them back. If it causes massive headaches, then obviously, don't bother. I don't want to be responsible for the massive dosing of headache meds.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

DeadBishop

Again, I just want to reassure everyone that John is doing everything he can to find a viable option that will let us have the old forum back, even if it ends up looking a bit different in the end.

Lady Ann of Draycott

I think we need to just be patient and wait and see what happens.  ;)  If there is any way to restore our old forum, John will find it!  I have confidence!  ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Zardoz

Wow! away for a few days!  ???  Thanks to the mods and admin for all their work on this!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Angelhood

DeadBishop

Just be glad we have a "back up" to come home to.  Some sites that got hit by these hackers will never recover.

Lord Figaro

Just knowing we have John and DB at the helm taking care of things puts my mind at ease. I know what ever can be done, will be done.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Drake Starsong

Keep the faith everyone :) , we have some great guys working hard for us to restore our home...in the end..we still have each other!
Yo ho Yo ho!

DeadBishop

As you can see I'm already making this a pretty close duplicate of the original.  Feel free to start new threads on old topics.  We might as well make ourselves comfortable in the meantime... :)

Lady Donegan

Hi Just want to add my to cents if I may.  A House is a house its the people that make it a home.  Wherever it is. I would also like to say it looks nice here, but I do understand why everyone wants the old board!

Lady Donegan
AKA:
Kendra The Seamaid
Maevous O'Connell
Fox McShane Cursed Crew (Ship's Pilot)

fluffy tail

Home is what you make it.
Thanks John and DB for finding us a place to go.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

LadyOren

I just discovered the back up forum.  Thanks heavens.  It's a shame to lose the other one to hackers as it has become quite the life raft from my daily grind.  Just wanted to shout out, I'm here and if anyone needs help just email me.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

max and kate

We weren't too sure what happened just glad there is a backup site and that we found it.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

PyroMaster

Cotton-pick it. I was about 20 messages away from 1000 on the old board.

^#@%@$#&!^@#!!!!!!!
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

DeadBishop

Time for everyone to roll up their sleeves and put some muscle into our new site.  We need content!

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: PyroMaster on May 12, 2008, 04:14:38 PM
Cotton-pick it. I was about 20 messages away from 1000 on the old board.

^#@%@$#&!^@#!!!!!!!

Me almost too (I was about 40 away :'() ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

DeadBishop