News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visitors from Far Away

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 27, 2008, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

I found a Days Inn in Lake Saint Louis for a very reasonable price.  It shows it's 9 miles from Rotary Park in Wentzville.  Is that a decent town?  Safe?  And is anyone familiar with the hotel?  It is the most reasonable price I've found, but I would like to have an idea if we're getting into something we really don't want to. 

Mythrin, once I have the reservations set, then I will go on the website contact about the privies. 

Thanks for everyone's help.  Steve and I are looking forward to meeting all of you.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Amyj

Lake St. Louis is very nice. it's actually kind of an upscale area, so you should be just fine for safety.  I'm not familiar with the hotel specifically, but it's a trustworthy chain so you should not have a problem.  Looking forward to seeing you!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

jcbanner

sounds like you've already got yourself organized for where to stay. I've never stayed at that Days Inn, but it can be seen from the highway. It looks nice, and its not very far from the park at all, maybe a 10-15 minute drive from the park with normal traffic conditions.

For anyone else looking at area hotels, I'm going to recomend AGAINST the Budget Inn.

Last year when STLRF flooded, the roads were also in really bad condition and we had to stay in Wentzville.  We started at the Budget Inn. It looks nice from the outside, but last year when we were going to stay the night there, the management/staff was very rude, and it was very dirty inside, (saw a few dead roaches in the hall)  It was over all a very bad experience.

I will however recomend the Economy Inn.

The Economy Inn was a very friendly place. the lady at the check-in counter went out of her way to help us during the flood after dealing with the other place.  It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it was very clean, and while not a luxury place, the rooms were tidy and well kept.  I would stay there again.

Lady Renee Buchanan

I really hope we'll be on our way next Sunday morning early!  No hotel reservation yet, but I called the Days Inn today, and the clerk said they had lots of rooms available.  With my bronchitis acting up, I wanted to wait to book, because the discount web price, which is better than calling the hotel direct could give, is non-refundable, and if I still feel lousy next weekend, I doubt we'll go.

Since I'll want to print out the $2 off coupons before we go, my question is:  is it good on a 2 day ticket, which the website says costs $20 (which would make the pass now $18), or is it only good off the 1 day admission which is $13?  Because then the 2 day pass at $20 would still be a better value.  I'm trying to figure how many I should print out!

Thanks!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

jcbanner

I believe that to save paper, a note was added to the coupon saying its good for several people, (so no need off one per person.) yet, if in a large group that's not all paying together, I would still probably have a few on hand.

I havent heard anything about being able to use it for the 2 day pass discount.  I would not think it can be, but I could very easily be wrong. never hurts to bring it with you and find out.

hope you're feeling better by the end of the week, it would really be a shame if you don't get to join us.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'Lady and I are coming for the weekend.  Where is this coupon available?

Not sure where we are staying, a Holiday Inn of some type since my wife travels a bit and we generally get good deals with them.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Genievea Brookstone

You can get the coupon off the website renstl.org. One coupon is good for all members of your party.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

jcbanner

renstl.org is the main corporate website, you'll have an easier time finding the coupon at the event website, www.stlrenfaire.com

Genievea Brookstone

Oops!  Thats what happens when you post things before you are actually awake!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Got it - thanks

We are headed down the weekend of May 30/31 (first time at this faire).  Any of you meet up anywhere?  Anything we should not miss?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are also still a little new to all of this.  I see this is a French faire, is our normal garb acceptable (English)?.  Peace tied weapons? ( I did not see anything on their site about it). 

We don't just have to drink french wine do we?  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Amyj

Our faire is set in a French setting, but garb of all realms is welcomed...we actually have quite a nice German contingent.  You don't have to drink French wine (however, they do have some Belgian beer....anheuser busch), and we have many other choices as well.  Weapons are allowed, peace tied (preferably with plastic zip ties, but you are allowed to cut the ends short).  I will have my BRAND NEW (Woot!) R/F pin on this weekend, and will be around...not sure what I'll be wearing...but if you ask about "The Rums" at the Three Pints or Musical Blades shows, they will have an idea of which pub we will be at.  Bob and I can HIGHLY rec comend the Kings Smoker show on Sunday (over 21, get your tickets a the Knights Pub)!

As for an official R/F meet....um...Lemme think on this....
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lady Renee Buchanan

I picked up a third round of antibiotics, so I hope I'll be fine by the weekend!  If we do make it - and right now, we're planning on it - we hope to arrive on Sunday between noon and 1 p.m.  I'd love to meet other forum members at a Meet & Greet.  I'll be happy to share my cellphone if you Renmail me.

Looking forward to meeting many of you this coming weekend.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lord and Lady Alberon

Lady Renee & Lord Stephen We are looking forward to seeing you both again at our Home Faire.

We will also be on the lookout for other R/F friends that we haven't seen this year so far, Hunnar & Charity and Malcolm & his Wife.

Cormac, Genievea Brookstone, Gauwyn of Brocknell, Rengeek77, Guinea, Maeve McMayhem, and Lady Orphena & Lord Dugyn or anyone else we haven't meet before.
PLEASE be on the lookout for us, we would love the chance to meet R/F members that we haven't had the pleasure to meet before. Just come on up to us & say ~"HI"~, we are usually all over the Faire, but not too hard to spot with Little Lord Logan in his chainmail.

We even know how to find JCBanner now ......LOL  :P

Amyj When you figure out the details of the Official R/F Meet, Let us know  :) LOL Remember We Luv Ya  ;D
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

Lady Rebecca

I'm moving up to upstate NY from Oklahoma City, and I happen to be leaving early morning on Memorial Day. I was planning on staying in St. Louis anyway, and then I found this faire!

Is it worth stopping in, if only for 4 or 5 hours? I think it's only about 1.5 hours out of my way, and ever since going to my first Ren Faire in March, I've become obsessed.