News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visitors from Far Away

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 27, 2008, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on May 19, 2009, 01:12:42 AM
I'm moving up to upstate NY from Oklahoma City, and I happen to be leaving early morning on Memorial Day. I was planning on staying in St. Louis anyway, and then I found this faire!

Is it worth stopping in, if only for 4 or 5 hours? I think it's only about 1.5 hours out of my way, and ever since going to my first Ren Faire in March, I've become obsessed.
After entering this fine faire, I do not know how you could leave after only 4 or 5 hours.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: Malcolm on May 19, 2009, 02:38:59 AM
Quote from: Lady Rebecca on May 19, 2009, 01:12:42 AM
I'm moving up to upstate NY from Oklahoma City, and I happen to be leaving early morning on Memorial Day. I was planning on staying in St. Louis anyway, and then I found this faire!

Is it worth stopping in, if only for 4 or 5 hours? I think it's only about 1.5 hours out of my way, and ever since going to my first Ren Faire in March, I've become obsessed.
After entering this fine faire, I do not know how you could leave after only 4 or 5 hours.
If the faire didn't close at 6, I would stay longer! But I'm planning on leaving at about 5 or 6am from OKC, and it's an 8 hour drive. So I'm figuring about 1 to 2 pm is when I'll get there.

I take it I should definitely make sure I make it in time, then?

Amyj

Quote from: Lord and Lady Alberon on May 19, 2009, 12:10:46 AM

Amyj When you figure out the details of the Official R/F Meet, Let us know  :) LOL Remember We Luv Ya  ;D

Heeeyyyyyyy, that was slick!  Ok, I'll try to figure something "semi-sorta-official" out.   So, WATCH THIS SPACE for something!  ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Ratcatcher

PLEASE be on the lookout for us, we would love the chance to meet R/F members that we haven't had the pleasure to meet before. Just come on up to us & say ~"HI"~, we are usually all over the Faire, but not too hard to spot with Little Lord Logan in his chainmail.

You will be able to identify them easily, because Lord and Lady Alberon are the nicest rennies you will ever meet!

QuoteWe even know how to find JCBanner now ......LOL  :P

He's the one trying to "look busy".   ;)

jcbanner

We even know how to find JCBanner now ......LOL  :P

turns out the trick is to not look for me.  Who knew?

Quote from: Ratcatcher on May 20, 2009, 07:43:01 AM

He's the one trying to "look busy".   ;)

Trying?

Lady Renee Buchanan

Planning to leave tomorrow at 6 a.m.  Hope to arrive around noon-ish.  If you see Steve and me wandering around, please come up and introduce yourself!  By the way, we will be wearing our RF pins, so it's an easy way to spot us. ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ratcatcher

Quote from: jcbanner on May 21, 2009, 12:17:13 AM

Trying?

Here he is searching for the bon-bons he hid from the rest of us...(plus I'm pretty sure he has a Laz-E-Boy right outside of the shot.)

dott1

QuoteHere he is searching for the bon-bons he hid from the rest of us...(plus I'm pretty sure he has a Laz-E-Boy right outside of the shot.)

I already ate the bon-bons. and I sold the laz-e-boy on ebay!  ;D
Darrel (But you can call me DOTT)
Watch out for those local 'Fun Do'ers'!

Lord and Lady Alberon

Lady Alberon gives Dott1 a Big {{{HUG}}} & Lord Logan gives him a BIG Toothie Smile !!!

Glad to see that you made your way here!  :D
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

dott1

QuoteLady Alberon gives Dott1 a Big {{{HUG}}} & Lord Logan gives him a BIG Toothie Smile !!!

Glad to see that you made your way here!

:-) *hugs you back*  Thank you for your warm greetings! And boy oh boy... I can picture Lord Logan's toothie grin... always makes me smile :-) AND... ty for the favor you gave me! It really made my day and I was smiling for the rest of the day!
Darrel (But you can call me DOTT)
Watch out for those local 'Fun Do'ers'!

TheFerret

Nice picture!

Quote from: Ratcatcher on June 01, 2009, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: jcbanner on May 21, 2009, 12:17:13 AM

Trying?

Here he is searching for the bon-bons he hid from the rest of us...(plus I'm pretty sure he has a Laz-E-Boy right outside of the shot.)

Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!