News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Louisiana Renaissance Festival

Started by posaune, November 29, 2008, 10:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posaune

Posted this in the LARF thread, but thought others might like to see how much fun this festival is.  Most of these were shot yesterday, but some go back a few years.  I tried to get more shots of the grounds so that you folks could get an idea of what a great site this is.  But, of course, I couldn't help but shoot interesting characters as well.  Notice the one with my Lady smooching the Lostboy!  That one will come in handy one day, me thinks!  The ones from yesterday have no processing so they are pretty raw.

http://www.darkforrest.com/dfgallery

These are, of course, low res versions for quicker loading.  If anyone sees an image they want, I will be happy to email you the full res copy.

The slideshow will launch automatically and go through all of the images.  If you are clicking on thumbnails to view them, just know that the player will only show a limited number of thumbnails at one time.  Be sure to use the navigation buttons at the bottom to scroll through all of the images.

Ted

posaune

I'm running new Gallery software now, and have started moving my images over to the new galleries.  Here's one of the shots...

As I add images, I'm putting them in a 'New Photos' Gallery.  Here is a link to all of my albums up so far:

http://www.darkforrest.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=109

NorthBayDreamer

Great shots.

I think my favorite is

I love how it is so clear with one lance already snapped and the other bending.
Lord Lisle (when a Nobel)
Horndog (when a Pirate)
Master Thomas Boddinham (when a middle)
Landshark No. 67

Zaubon

Her Highness at the wine tasting

A look across the lake

The front of the parade

The Brazen Lay's Shoppe

Sir Martin

Nice photos, Posaun and Zaubon!  Did either of you get any more pictures of The Limeybirds (I saw a couple of Faith in Posaun's gallery)?

posaune

Thanks, NorthBayDreamer... it is one of my favorites too. 

Zaubon, were you there at the wine tasting when the Washing Well Wench showed up and helped the Queen?  I was walking by and it was freaking hilarious.  Kudos to the Queen for not rolling on the ground laughing!

Sir Martin,  I didn't get any good shots of them this year.  I had some lens issues (shooting a football game, on top of the announcers booth, bad wind, crappy tripod, distracted... $1000 piece of broken glass...sigh) for the first few weeks of the festival and by the time I got them resolved, they were through for the year.  Which kills me, as they are my favorites.  I will dig through my shots from years past and see if I can find some, though....

Zaubon

I was only there for closing weekend, so the lovely ladies were long gone by the time I arrived.

I was passing by the wine tasting and took only a moment to catch this one photo of Her Highness.

Sir Martin

Oh ... I was not able to attend LARF and did not realize that the Limeybirds did not perform every weekend.  So they performed the first few weeks and then left early?

posaune

Yes, The Limey Birds were there for the first three weeks, along with the New Minstrel Revue.  Second half was Lost Boys and the Tortuga Twins.  Each day of the Festival, they rotate shows at the Painted Badger between the two groups there at that time.

Codi Lyn

Oh those are so beautiful! I love one of the last ones with the lady on her white horse, that is such a magnificent animal. ^_^
M'name's Cordelia Lyn, m'lards and ladies... Shall I be takin' ye portraits with me film of yon Fuji?