News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to TN Ren

Started by renfairephotog, November 29, 2008, 11:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

Well, to satisfy my cravings just a little bit, we're going to a Renaissance feast tonight at the local grocery store. It's being led by the king and queen of our local faire. We're going garbed, just because.

Two more weeks!
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Cloverpogue

Quote from: Lady Everclear on May 01, 2009, 10:20:52 PM
Too bad I'm missing the invasion . . . . but I am planning a random trip to Tennessee on the 9th and 10th. Who wants to kidnap me, lol?
*pops up* did someone say'kidnap'? lol
Well, we always need more vict, I mean, recruits for the Good Ship Lollipop..once a pyrate, always a pyrate..

I'll be there on the 9th! :D
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

I look forward to meet you then!
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

renfairephotog

It rained on and off all day. But it was still busy. Cars were parked all the way to the back of the parking lot field / mud pit. I am now dry.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Mixsae

Quote from: renfairephotog on May 02, 2009, 07:13:20 PM
It rained on and off all day. But it was still busy. Cars were parked all the way to the back of the parking lot field / mud pit. I am now dry.

Wait...that was mud?

I thought it was brown snow that appears in warmer climates. I think once you sink ankle deep in it, it takes on a differant term but I could be wrong.

Was a very good day despite the dampness and humidity and treacherous footing conditions.

I think we had the best audiance participation yet doing Black Velevet Band at P&S morning show. When the crowds rowdy before 11:00 AM...good way to start off on a positive note :)

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

:(

Sad to say my plans have been changed for me and unless someone really wants to kidnap me I won't make it this weekend.

:(
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Lord Clisto of York

Well, I made it back to Wisconsin safely on Monday afternoon. I must say I really loved the faire and all the great company. It was nice meeting everyone. I am glad Mercie had mentioned the change in plans to me before I ame, otherwise I would not have made it with it being closed on Sunday. Thus, I did get to attend both Tenn and GA. Yes, it rained off and on for Saturday but not real bad. At least it wasn't raining when we arrived and when we left, so changing was nice. We were one of the lucky ones that didn't get stuck in the mud since we took it nice and easy without gunning the engine. It was also a pleasure finally meeting her Majesty after always commenting on her Ren Space page in the past. Thanks everyone, for making it an enjoyable time for me.

Now, I took quite a few pictures of each faire. I started working on my Tennessee ones last night at work and should have them finished sometime tonight. I missed getting some people I was going back for, so sorry if I didn't get you. Anyway, I will post again once they are up for vewing. Hope everyone has a better run for the rest of the season.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Peddlin

It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am looking forward to the pictures.    ;D
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Lady Nicolette

On Sunday those of us at the wRenHouse were speaking of your good fortune in choosing Saturday to visit instead of the original Sunday, Sir Clisto!  It was good to meet you, I'm glad you got to spend some time with all of us!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

renfairephotog

It was great to meet you Sir Clisto. I'm glad you made it Saturday. It would have really stunk to drive from ATL to find there was no faire.
By the way make sure you add TN ren on Myspace. They posted a bulletin about faire closing there.

Brenda was on site tuesday. Said There are still running chainsaws.
Fairy photographer

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Peddlin on May 06, 2009, 07:43:34 AM
It was a pleasure to meet you, and I am looking forward to the pictures.    ;D

It is mutual Peddelin, Lady Nicolette, and Renfairephotog. The pleasure was here as well. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Miss you all already. I would very much like to come back again. At least it was not real bad Sat. I am sorry Sunday turned out to be a wash for all of you. I know faire is something we all look forward to doing and when one day is messed up it is a real downer. I am working on the rest of my pics now and should have them done for Tenn by Thurs some time. Again, I missed getting some pics of everyone I met and I feel bad about that since I always make a point to get them and post my new friends. So, please forgive me. I just hope the rain lets up for everyone there. I see there is still a constant storm through the area.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Capt Lucy

If anyone got pics of me in my new pirate frock I made, I would love copies.  Mum was a bit put out when I told her I forgot to get one with my camera lol   ;D
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Lord Clisto of York

No need to fear my sassy pirate. I have 2 really nice shots. One full one of you and me and the closeup. I only have a few more to put up then both my Tenn and Ga pics will be done. I will post to it this afternoon. It was Sooooo.... nice to see you. It has been a long time. But it was great to see you with BIG smiles.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

festmum

Wow!  Closing weekend is just around the corner!  I finally get to see my peeps (oops!  Sorry Queen Bonnie)!!!  I miss all my fairmily!  Hugs to those I missed.