News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Winds Renaissance Faire 2009 season

Started by DonaCatalina, December 01, 2008, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

I'm looking forward to this. My Ren itch started over New Year's.  :D
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

As did mine, and it will be the first time at this faire.

Which weekend are you planning on going, Catalina?

Because I waiting to see what the verdict is with Ottheinrich, but tentatively, I think we'll go with the Musketeers, Opening Weekend. That is if I can get that Saturday off of work.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DonaCatalina

Probably Opening weekend---but its not set in stone yet.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SandrineDeLaTombe

I'm going to preface this question with, any faire is great to go to, but being a Scarbyite (Scarbyer?  Scarbouroughist?  Whatever that word should be :), and the fact that I live Northeast of Dallas, would the drive out to Four Winds for a weekend in mid March be worth it? Especially with Scarborough itself right around the corner.  Thoughts?  Good things and bad?  Thanks for any input.
I aim to misbehave

DonaCatalina

well , if you go out opening weekend you get to meet lots of Musketeers.  ;)

It's also an oppurtunity to give new garb a trial run before Scarby.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

I drive from Plano every weekend till the start of Scraby and consider it worth the drive.  I also camp once a season for thier Masque Ball so I can enjoy faire till midnight.

If you like camping they have a shower house and nice camp grounds.

This season they have added several new vendor booths and new Royal Court "palace," I've also heard the they completed the new stage they started last year.

I also find it a great place to try out new grab, changes to my persona, to find my "scottish voice", etc.  Plus the prices of things are normally pretty good if you need a or want a new item, I love the mug I got from knarly knot and the leatherman has good reasonable priced custom leather works.

I also enjoy the shows alot and being able to get close and talk to the performers which you can't always do at Scraby.  They have some really nice musical acts at four winds and I enjoy the comide shows like Breaking the Habit and Willy's Whiley Wenches plus they do a real competation joust.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

SandrineDeLaTombe

ooh, Masque Ball?  When is that? I'm not so much for the camping, but would definitely get a hotel for the weekend and make the most of it.  The other thing is, I'd be bringing two Faire virgins (!) with me, and I think they'd enjoy a smaller scale faire before Scarborough. Will they be uncomfortable or out of place if they're not in garb? Thanks for the great insight!  (Side question:  I think I read on the website that no alcohol is sold on premise, but you can bring in period appropriate vessels?)
I aim to misbehave

SirRichardBear

Masque Ball to be held on Saturday, Mar. 28 from 9pm - midnight, beside food, music, and dancing the dream Harem does a fire show.  The close the faire for two hours so people can change or get something to drink and eat or just rest up after the day and then reopen for the ball. 

They wouldn't be out of place not being in grab, like Scraby and all faires really the majority of patrons are not grabbed.  There aren't many fantasy characters visiting Four Winds mostly they would see late 16th and early 17th centure grab.     

True they don't have a alcohol license but have no problem with people bringing in drinks in mugs, leather wine flask or regular flasks etc.  Many will bring a cooler and keep it in the car and go out when they want a drink, its a small faire and the walk is only a couple of minutes.  Some bring a lunch and eat in the parking lot. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

brier patch charlie

I went to 4 winds back in 07 and had a great time, it's a nice little faire, one you can sit back and take it all in. The camping was good, it was short drive to the faire sight, or a nice little walk. And the drive from Dallas to there isn't all that bad, what maybe 2 hours, it's going to take me 5 to get there form Little Rock Ar, after I pick my brother up to get there.
But Four Winds is worth it, you will get a lot better prices on stuff there than you will at Scarby or TRF, and that's a fact.
Charles Coleman

woodenjournals

2009 Themed Weekends

Feb 28 – Mar 1:    Family Adventure
Mar 7-8:               Pirates & Buccaneers
           Polish/Ukrainian Rebellion of 1648 Battle Re-enactment
Mar 14-15:           St. Patrick's Celebration
Mar 21-22:           Renaissance Romance
Mar 28-29:           Fool's Festival & Masque Ball (Sat night only)
April 4-5:             Highland Fling
April 11-12:          Easter Celebration
April 18-19:          Knights & Chivalry
WoodenJournals & More The StaggerStick store

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: eloquentXI on January 03, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Because I waiting to see what the verdict is with Ottheinrich, but tentatively, I think we'll go with the Musketeers, Opening Weekend. That is if I can get that Saturday off of work.

Hey Elo!

We are considering a visit to Four Winds this year.  Let me know what weekend you decide on and we will see if we can make it out at the same time.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

eloquentXI

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on January 11, 2009, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: eloquentXI on January 03, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Hey Elo!

We are considering a visit to Four Winds this year.  Let me know what weekend you decide on and we will see if we can make it out at the same time.

The talk is that we're thinking about going Opening Weekend with the Musketeers. Let me talk to Ottheinrich and Nicolas a bit about it and once we decide what we're doing, I'll let you know.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Dracconia

Please come out all of you....no we aren't as big as Scarby, but that is part of the apeal....where Scarby feels like a kingdom...where you can walk all day and still never know everyone ....we are a close knit community and in our little village you get that sense of family! I love every second and I work it every weekend every year!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Al-Nimer

Cowgrrl & I came out last year on the Ides of March, and we had a great time!  Everyone was very friendly, and there was plenty to do.  We were there both Sat & Sun w/o the kids, so we got to see pretty much every show at least once.  We want to bring the kids this year, but will probably just make a long day trip on a Saturday.  Here's the link to the photos I took last year:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/al-nimer/sets/72157604446736746/
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters