News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Winds Renaissance Faire 2009 season

Started by DonaCatalina, December 01, 2008, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queeneleanore

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on January 11, 2009, 11:05:57 AM
Hey Elo!

We are considering a visit to Four Winds this year.  Let me know what weekend you decide on and we will see if we can make it out at the same time.

Definitely want to make it out, not certain when, but most likely opening day.   Would love to have your good company, dear lady. :-)

~E
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

queeneleanore

Quote from: eloquentXI on January 11, 2009, 11:19:24 AM

The talk is that we're thinking about going Opening Weekend with the Musketeers. Let me talk to Ottheinrich and Nicolas a bit about it and once we decide what we're doing, I'll let you know.

This is also what I've heard. Sounds fun! :-)

~E
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

Stalkwell

The good Lady Stalkwell and I plan on being there on opening w/e (and many others).  For those concerned about the size of this faire, don't worry!  Four winds has unique attractions, quite worth the effort. 

1) They do joust, but not in the typical 'staged' style... they actually compete for standings.  Very refreshing after seeing so many joust 'shows'.

2) Their belly dance troup is awesome.  The group performing (Dream Harem) has guest troups in quite often, and to anyone in the know locally about belly dance, you will recognize and/or know the guests immediately.  Always an excellent show.

3)  Live steel demos.  Competitions and battle scenarios are sprinkled throughout the season.  Actual sparring... whoever wins, wins.  Again, refreshing to see this above and beyond the usual staged combat (which is quite good as well).

4)  Lots of demos.  Go see the blacksmith and crew at his forge.  He and his wife do very nice demos there.  They obviously sell what they make, and take special orders.  All of their items are one of a kind (obviously), and priced reasonably as such.

5)  Lots of vendors with very good prices!!

6)  Musical talent all over the place.  Dustin does well bringing in new and upstart talent.  Some you may have heard of, others probably not, but all are worthy.  Look at the website for specifics.

7)  Generally looser than Scarby for cast/playtron interaction... go there and play, the cast loves interaction.

8)  Did I mention great photo ops?  The joust is wide open, and makes for fantastic horse/rider shots during their runs in the list.  You can do almost a full 360 around the list for angles.

If you are thinking of attending more than once, the season pass is quite reasonable (read in here... CHEAP!)  And, they have camping very close to the faire, reasonably priced as well.  Have a look at their Royal Pass... a good deal!

Now that Dustin has de-conflicted with NTIF for opening weekend, get your first faire fix in February!  But be warned... bring cloaks and warm gear just in case.  It isn't always cold then, but it usually is a bit breezy (imagine that Four Winds for a reason ;-)

Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

SirRichardBear

Queen Eleanore as always the Garde Écossaise stands read to provide proper escord to Your Majesty as you require. 
Sir Richard Bear of Lock Awe Captain of the Garde Écossaise

Look forward to seeing you again this season.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Dracconia

And just to add to Stalkwell....

we have a great band of pirates who run bunches of kids attractions...so come play with us!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

DonaCatalina

We're going to be staying at the Best Western Southpark.
Anybody else going down Friday night?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Amaya

I'm hoping to try to make it out... I definitely didn't get enough of TRF and camping this year.

woodenjournals

We look forward to seeing everyone again!!
WoodenJournals & More The StaggerStick store

LadyElizabeth

Rachel and I will be out there Friday night of opening weekend, though not sure on the time.  Probably not until 9ish or so, but would definitely be down to chill by a campfire.  We'll be in the campgrounds, so hopefully we'll see some others out there then!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

RenRobin

I think we may be come up on the weekend of April 11th...still sorting out finances.
Loki-terr (in training)

Stalkwell

I've talked to some of the vendors, and they say you no longer need to use the detour to get to site like last year.  The bridge is now happy after reconstructive surgery, so there are now two paths you can go to get to front gate...

The detour (shown currently on the web site) is the easier way, but is a longer drive.

I've included some rough GPS coord's on the map for those techie types  ;)

Stalk Well...

Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

LadyElizabeth

It was great to see everyone this weekend at Fourwinds!!  I wish we could have had more time to hang out.  Sunday was much warmer and nicer too, though many of the R/Fers just attended Saturday.  I hope to see the group pic on here again.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Craigmeister

I made my 1st trip to the faire from Tulsa this weekend.  I loved it!  If only it were in Oklahoma!  It has so many things going for it.  The layout, the talent, the theme, good music, great prices for goods.  The 4 Winds Faire is everything a faire should be.  HUZZAH to all those who contribute to this awesome event!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Al-Nimer

I had a great time at Faire last Sunday, even though it was a bit chilly!  Here's a link to my pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/al-nimer/sets/72157615529631926/
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Ronald the Bald

Al-Nimer, I saw you out there Sunday. Stood next to you while you were talking with a vendor waiting for a chance to say "Hello". Didn't get to.