News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

McLotofus Renvasion weekend?

Started by *Teach*, December 01, 2008, 12:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What weekend do you think would be best for the renvasion?

Opening April 4th & 5th
April 11th & 12th
April 18th & 19th
April 25th & 26th
May 2nd & 3rd
May 9th & 10th
May 16th & 17th
May 23 & 24th & 25th

*Teach*

Added a poll to the thread.
Please choose your best option for the renvasion weekend.
If anyone knows how to make the polls where you can choose more than one answer, let me know... I don't see an option for that.

*or just send me rum instead*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

LadyShadow

I'll send some rum  ;D  Maybe you havent had enough rum that is why nothing is working correctly  ;D ;D ;D
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

*Teach*

I Like the way you're thinking....

*yes, thats right... everyone send rum to Teach so that he can work better...*

eloquentXI

You forgot a weekend, Teach. And a very special weekend too (even though I think Opening Weekend is the best for a McLotofUs invasion)

May 16th and May 17th.

I'll be lucky enough to celebrate my birthday on the day of at faire this coming season.

I'd love to see whoever does come out to faire, whether it be opening or closing or whenever.  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

mpullen

I voted for closing weekend, but I need to check when the Drunken Gnomes will be doing our invasion.

Since this will be my first year for Scarby, I plan on staying at the motel that the Gnomes reserve a block of rooms. That way I can scout out the drive over to the campgrounds at the lake before I bring the travel trailer up for future runs.

Rani Zemirah

It would be nice to know the themes...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

ravic

Don't remember Scarby doing "themes" like TRF does but I haven't been since 2003.

Rani Zemirah

Oh well... not sure when, but not the first weekend, I guess.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

eloquentXI

They really only have like a few official themed weekends, like Pirate Invasion and...I think that might be it actually. Not the same as TRF.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

lys1022

Usually the themed weekends run something like this:

Family - up to 3 kids free with every adult paid admission
ASL - interpreters for the hearing impaired at most performances
Highland Games Weekend - official highland games competition and Scots weekend
Wine and Ale Festival - yeah, self explanatory
Romance - vow renewals and so on
Pirates - again, self-explanatory
Memorial Day weekend - veterans are honored in many ways (vets from ANY service and ANY country)

They vary from year to year, but that's the usual pattern.  2009 special events aren't up yet, though.
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Catherine DArtois

We'll be there Closing Weekend (no kids).  One other, with kids, AFTER Easter (for some reason the Church frowns on pastors missing Palm Sunday and Easter).  Thus, my vote of invasion would be -- anything AFTER Easter...
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

PapaGnome

Quote from: mpullen on December 04, 2008, 05:19:35 PM
I voted for closing weekend, but I need to check when the Drunken Gnomes will be doing our invasion.

Since this will be my first year for Scarby, I plan on staying at the motel that the Gnomes reserve a block of rooms. That way I can scout out the drive over to the campgrounds at the lake before I bring the travel trailer up for future runs.

At this moment we are planning for Opening weekend for the DG/Claw Invasion and booking a Group block as usual. 

We have stayed at the same place for years and I will be making our usual reservation after the first per the manager.

If McLotofus would like to share the hotel let me know and I can see if Peter will extend our number of rooms.
PaPaGnome
Drunken Gnomes
Commander of the HSI
Royal Order of Landsharks #35

Bonny Pearl

We are in for opening weekend!  I will see what we can do about the birthday weekends  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

*Teach*

ok... now based on the votes here I am guessing the ML invasion will be opening weekend.
Now, we need someone to start the "when u comin'?/where u stayin'?" thread so we can go ahead and coordinate stuff
Elo? We're looking in your direction this time...
(Gotta get those vacation weekends turned in early)

*and I gotta plan how much rum to buy*

Rani Zemirah

(SOB)

(sigh)

Guess I'll just have to catch as catch can some random weekend, but I will make sure I post when I'll be headed that way early enough so that maybe a few of us can form a meet-n-greet then! Enjoy!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede