News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

No Johnny Phoenix in 09?

Started by kirk, December 04, 2008, 12:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

I just recieved this:

It seems that after more than a decade of making people laugh at the Tennessee Renaissance Festival the owners have decided to cut me from their 2009 Festival budget.  I know the present state of the economy has taken its toll on all of us.  But if things are to get worse before they get better, we will need our escapes more than ever.  That is what my shows have always been about; escaping.  Not escaping from chains or a straight jacket but escaping from reality.  Taking a break from our troubles and loosing ourselves in the laughter. 

I realize that everyone is expendable.  Even me.  I'm just a guy who makes people laugh.  But more importantly to me, I'm a guy who makes you, your family and your friends laugh.  So in a way, my loss has become your loss too. 

That is why I ask you, your family and your friends to contact the Tennessee Renaissance Festival and urge them to reconsider.  Call them even if you don't live in Tennessee or have never attended the Tennessee Renaissance Festival.  (This makes the second festival I have lost due to budget cuts, having been cut from the budget of the Ohio Renaissance Festival in 2008).  Your call matters because your festival could be next!

So please bombard their office with calls.  Have your friends call, your friend's mom and your talking parrot.  The more calls the better.  And keep calling them.  From now until it makes a difference.  All I ask is for you not to be rude or offensive. Remember, the person on the other end of that phone is just doing their job.  Just let them know how you feel about a renaissance festival without your Uncle Johnny.

Tennessee Renaissance Festival
PO Box 309
Arrington, TN 37014
Phone: (615) 395-9950 – Fax: (615) 395-7296

You can also send them an email at this link;
http://www.tnrenfest.com/contact07a.htm

I appreciate your loyal support and I hope to see you in 2009.  Happy holidays to you and your family and best wishes for the upcoming New Year.

Your friend,

Johnny Phoenix

Capt. Bacardi

You beat me to it Kirk, I just saw it on myspace. :o  :(
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?