News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help wanted for Pennsic and VARF

Started by Kaelyn8, December 04, 2008, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaelyn8

I'm looking for part time to full time help for my booth at Pennsic, and part time help @ VARF '09.  I really like for my booth to be a happy fun place with good people that my customers love coming back to, so I'm very picky about my sales help.

I hand make bronze barrettes and chignon pins. I try to arrange the schedule so that everyone gets to get out and have some fun. Pay depends on skill and experience, but is generally commission against a base. I'm open to negotiations. I keep munchies and other food at the booth at all times, I won't let you go hungry or dry. I am a Witch, and openly so. If this bugs you, please don't apply.

Requirements: Must be female, with LONG hair, who really likes to play with hair. Hairdressing experience is preferred, but not required - my pins and barrrettes sell best when they are demonstrated. I don't believe in doing a hard sell. A fun, flirty, attitude really helps sales. I joke that my stock is rated G, but my staff is rated R. Ability to deal with a sometimes cranky boss (me) is helpful. Drama is not tolerated, neither is showing up for work tipsy, stoned, or otherwise not in your right mind.

For Pennsic - Must be familiar with SCA, have your own camping set up, and have apropriate garb. I'm not a period fanantic by any stretch of the imagination, but green fingernails, orange and blue hair, and grossly inadequate cleavage containment (near fallout) won't work. (I wish I were joking!) Other garb types that don't work well are anything with hoop skirts, or hugely puffy sleeves, the booth is too small. The booth has some shade, and is close to the store and flush privies.

For VA ren faire (VARF):  This is an Elizabethan Faire, and you must have appropriate garb.  I'm not nuts about it, but wearing a red velvet bodice with gold trim while being an artisans helper is dressing way "out of station", and not period. Simple clothing that is better than peasant, but not yet middle class works well, and is not expensive to make/buy. Must have faire experience.

If you're interested, please go to my website, www.circleworks.org, and fill out the "contact me" page. We can talk details then.

Thanks,

Kaelyn8