News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Prayer request--I had a mild seizure yesterday

Started by Lady Amy of York, December 04, 2008, 04:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I love the snow... especially when it comes down in big soft clouds of flakes that twirl and float on the wind...

I'll keep extra logs on the fire just for you, my dear!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Hang in there Lady Amy!!  I have your back.

I emailed you. You may need to come to my neck of the woods so the Dopctors at the Mayo Clinic can examine you thoroughly and get to the bottom of the troubles you have been having for several years now. I can come and be with you.

Rani!!  Stay strong!!! You can beat this bug!!!!

Hugs to both of you!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Amy of York

Thankyou  for  the prayers. I have  some limited  use  of  my hands  back, but i still get    tremors   and  twitches  in them  and  my face.        The  morning that it happen, Wednesday,  I was  sound  aslep.  I started shaking  all over in  my sllep.  it woke my husband Tim  up,  who  then  woke  me.  it felt like  my head  was  going  to explode,  my right hand  and  arm  would  not  stop shaking,  my left arm and  hand  were numb,  my face  was  going numb,  and  i kept feling  like  i wanted  to vomit.

Tim called  911   and  the parmedics  rushed  me  to the hospital, wjere i would  not stop shaking.         My blood  pressure was 195/120,  which was unusally  high  for  me.   I know  they tested my blodd sugar  . i cant remember  the number  but they said the  levels  were  fine.     My pulse  was  very  fast.  Over 100. 

So they did  a cat-scan, urine  test, blood  test.  They gave  me Vicoden, tramadol,  and  flexeril  for   the  headache,  and  Valium   for  the tremors   thru  IV  in the  emergency  room.

The  doctor said  the cat  scan showed no brain abnormalities, but yet i displayed  the   classic  signs  of  amild  seizure.   No explanation  to what  may have  caused  it.           he  sent me   home   with  presriptions  for   vicodin, tramadol, and  Valium, until i get in  to see  some  one.

I  don't want  to go back  to the  neurolgist  i was  seeing  locally  here, cause he  was  the one  who neglected  to tell me  about  the  cyst  on   my spine.  it was there on all of  my films  i had taken, but he  never  told  me.

So i  am looking  for  someone  else  to  go   to.

We are thinking  of  looking  into  going  to  an  infectious  disease   doctor.     The  only reason being  because  when i was in the  emrgency  room, i also had  broke out in a rash on  my  back .    The  emrgency  room  doctor  in  the hospital  saw  the  rash  on  my   back  .    The  emrgency  room doctor  said   it  is  some  type  of     fungus  infection.  he  said  they use  to treat  it  with anitbiotics, but have   found  that  patients  can  build  up  an  resitance  to antibotics.

So  Tim  went on the  internet  and  found  out  that  fungus   can attack your  central  nervous  system  and  cause  the  symptoms  i  had  the  other day.

So anyway, that is  the  latest  scope  here.  i am trying  to stay  strong  for  everyone  and  keep  my  spirits  up.  More  fustrating  then  anything cause  i was   doing  so well.    I  know  i  could  be  much  worse  off, but i am not lloking forward  to  going   thru tests  again, and   being  put  back on  meds,  etc.

right now  i am  trying  to be  strong  and  enjoy   the  holidays.   Can't believe christmas  is  almost  here  !     Tim  has been real helpful and is helping me  get the decorations  up.  We  were  going  to  go  down  to  mom  and  dad's  for  christmas, but  things   did  not  turn  out  according  to  plan.     We   found  someone  to   take  care of  the  horses, but unfortunately  the  kennels  are all booked up.  I was not about  to bring  3  dogs  down  to  my  parents, especially since one  is  still a puppy  !

Plus  one of my dogs, my yellow  lab  is  dealing  with  health  problems  herself,  so   we were hesitant  to leave  her. So  we will be  here for Christmas.

As it is  we can't get out of  the house right  now.  We have  atleast  2  feet of  snow  on the  ground  and  more is  on  the  way, Thanks  to lake  effect  snow  !  We  live  very  close  to  Lake  Ontario   here in  New  York!

You know  it is  funny  that both  me  and  my yellow lab  have  similar  health  problems.  she  is having  problems  with her balance  and  gets   tremors i her face.   the  vet  put  her on Predisone  which  seems  to be helping  her.    But it make  me  wonder  at  times  if  she  and  i  came in contact  with  something  in  our house  we live  in  in California.    That house was  a fixer  upper, and it  was really  dirty  , and  filthy,  Tim and i did  alot of  cleaning  before  we moved  in.    We   brought  it for  the  property, and  we got it  for  a steal, but i sometimes  wonderif  we came  in contact  with  something.

Anyway, thankyou everyone  for  the prayers  and  support.  right  now  i am taking  it  one  day  at  a time.  i  can feel  find  one  hour  and  then  the  next hour, out of  the blue,  the  tremors  start, or  i get  the  numbness  and  the  headches.   Knock on wood  it has not affected  my legs  too bad.  there is  some  weakness but  ima  still able  to get up  and  walk  about.
            yesterday  Tim  took  me  for  a ride  in  the  car,  and  we saw   the  Christmas  tree  in  the  city square  all  li  up.   then it started  to snow.  it  was  real pretty.   
So   as i said  i am trying to stay  strong,  and fight  all the  way.  Easier said  then  done, especially since i  thought  this  was   all  behind  me. :(  But  I have  christmas  with  my husband  and  liitle  boy  to look  forward too !     :)         

tAKE  CARE,

LOve, Amy

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

renren

Amy,
Wishing you the best in finding out what's going on, and finding a way to feeling better!

Don't discount the possibilty of exposure to something that is causing these problems for you both.

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Amras Elfwine

M'lady,
Praying for you in my dailys, and hoping you are feeling better.
Cheers!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

ADraeger

Lady Amy - just said a prayer for you.  Hope that you feel better soon and find the culprit behind your trouble.  Take care and God Bless! :)

lady serena

Lady Amy if you can try and see some of the doctors at the Mayo in MN, they are the best around. Still praying for you may you feel better soon!
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Amy of York

Thanks  everyone  ! I appreciate it.   Today is  a  so-so  day  !  My face really has  the tremors  today, and  so  does  my left hand.
I  know there  are people  worse off then me,  but i   just want an  answer  to what is  causing all of  this.  I  don't like  the idea that i had  a mild  seizure  last  week  and  don't  know  what caused  it.

Yes,  Lady  Serena,   i may look into  The  Mayo  clinic.  They helped  my  mom    who has  chron's  disease  many, many  years  ago  when  her family doctors  could not find    what  was  wrong  with  her.   Her family doctors  told  her she  had one  month to live.  That was    30  years  ago.   She is  a  strong lady  today,  and is  my strength  and  inspiration  !

Rani Zemirah

Blessings, Lady Amy, and prayers for comfort and knowledge, also!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Tygrkat

Continued thoughts of strength and healing to you Lady Amy, and to your canine friend as well...

{{HUGS}}

...and another testimonial for the Dr.s and support staff at Mayo - although I only had experiences with the Jacksonville, FL branch - they are phenominal! They took excellent care of my mom pre- and post-lung transplant. You really couldn't put yourself in better hands, IMO.

Hoping you find the peace, comfort, and health you deserve SOON  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on December 08, 2008, 11:26:01 AM
Continued thoughts of strength and healing to you Lady Amy, and to your canine friend as well...

{{HUGS}}

...and another testimonial for the Dr.s and support staff at Mayo - although I only had experiences with the Jacksonville, FL branch - they are phenominal! They took excellent care of my mom pre- and post-lung transplant. You really couldn't put yourself in better hands, IMO.

Hoping you find the peace, comfort, and health you deserve SOON  :)

Thanks hon.    Doing a little  better this afternoon.  face  still numb, but atleast hands  are co-operating enough  so that i can  come  on here  and  chat  with  my friends.   It is  funny how  the symptoms  come  and  go, i never know  when   they are going  to strike.
              Hugs  to  you !

lordwriothsley

Amy it is truly breaking my heart to see you in this condition especially right around Christmas Time.I do hope that you find the answers you are looking for soon.You are still in my thoughts and prayers as well dear sister.By the way Captain I thought I was the good child so why is all this conspiring going on against me on the ship.I promise I was behaving like a good man should. ;D  ;D  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: lordwriothsley on December 08, 2008, 02:57:29 PM
Amy it is truly breaking my heart to see you in this condition especially right around Christmas Time.I do hope that you find the answers you are looking for soon.You are still in my thoughts and prayers as well dear sister.By the way Captain I thought I was the good child so why is all this conspiring going on against me on the ship.I promise I was behaving like a good man should. ;D  ;D  ;D

Thank you dear. I'm trying to keep my spirits up ! Thats  why i come  here  to be  among  my friends  and  crew  who help  cheer  me up.    Yes, i hope  i get  some  answers  soon  to what is  causing  this.   

Plotting gainst you. Nah !   Drac, James  and i were just having fun  stealing  the  rum  from the  bar.  Just Trying to make  me  laugh.
       Besides if you read back  abit in  our  story, you will see that  your  sister and  captain, sent you on  a nice  romantic carraige  ride  witha certain Rebecca .
   as far as you being the good  child....( choke,  choke )   I  um.......nevermind.... ;D

Well i need to log off as my hands are starting to numb up on me  abit.     Thanks  for  the  hugs  and  prayers    dear brother.

Deborah

Oh Amy,

I'm sorry I've been off the boards lately, had some major health problems of my own going on...but you know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers no matter how long I stay away from here. Sending some major good thoughts and healing prayers your way!
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

lordwriothsley

Amy my dear sister any time you need my love hugs or support they will be here for you.And yes I did see where you did send me on a romantic carriage ride with a (as you like to call it) certain Rebecca and I must say that I did like that.Anyway please do continue to take care of yourself and do continue to keep us updated on your progress and we are all pulling for you through this.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"