News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chat lag

Started by Blue66669, November 18, 2008, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

Is there something that can be done about the lag in chat? We keep getting Connection Error 502 messages and things of the sort. Any ideas?
Blaidd Drwg

DonaCatalina

I'm getting server error about every third time I bring up the regular forums.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DeadBishop

We're in the process of upgrading the forum.  This might be the cause of the current issues at hand.

R/F.com member since 2003

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

Blue66669

Hi there DB. Sorry to be a bother, but we're having some other issues in chat. First of all, we're having SEVERE lag. Also, the dem thing keeps booting us out, or not letting us in at all!!! Is there something that can be done?
Blaidd Drwg

Tom

I've put in a different chat system. Try it and let me know what you think. It doesn't have all of the features of the other one and it's not "real time" but you can set the refresh to what you want. Five seconds is the minimum. There is another one I'm looking at but it's much harder to integrate so I'm doing it on a test site first. Once I'm sure it's going to work OK I'll let you test that one also.

Tom
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Rani Zemirah

This one is not good, so far at least! For some reason it doesn't display my whole name, even though it does display longer names, and I can't even fix it in the log in screen. It also doesn't flash the tab top when someone leaves, enters otrthe chat, so if you're reading the boards you miss people when they drop in.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DeadBishop

The new chat system is just temporary.  Tom put it into place so there would be something to use until the real chat system is in place.

R/F.com member since 2003

Rani Zemirah

Then I guess it will work in the mean time... and I'm thankful we have it!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede