News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Game Ideas--RenDezvous 2009

Started by dinkywench, December 05, 2008, 12:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

Hello All, Due to a small twist of fate (and a big push by the Scotsman) I am now "The Boss" (otherwise known as sucker) to the Game's Committee for the 2009 RenDesvous. BUT I NEED HELP!

If there are any games that have been played in the past that you thought were great please let it be known.

Any ideas for a new game, let's hear them!

Please post enough details so everyone can get a rough idea what the game entails but you do not have to spell out every itsy bitsy rule. If the game sounds intriguing I will contact you separately.

Thanks in Advance for the help! DinkyWench

Scotsman

You are so kind as to assume this daunting responsibility ... I am soooo fortunate to be surrounded by such great folk ...

I will pitch in my three cents ....

Loki contest ... we have some pretty creative Loki folk here - of course my question is for those folks flying in - can you get this stuff through the TSA? Can it be checked in your luggage, obviously some logistics involved.

Name that rum ... need I say more

Wench-stick ... guess that lipmark, judge that lipmark ... reddest, fullest ... you get the idea

Whats in my sporran er ... forget that one ...

We could always go with a treasure hunt of some sort ... As long as it does not involve leaving the pub, color me in

We could have a pub crawl punch card with all the flavors of beer, mead, wine from MDRF ... all 500 of them!

Name the item on a stick .... again all 500 of them

Most unique favor ... best favor ... most favors ...

Okay, I'm fresh out!

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Renee Buchanan

We attended Menage Ette Trois/Rendezvous in Tennessee this past year, and the most fun game was Musical Men.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on December 05, 2008, 05:33:12 PM
We attended Menage Ette Trois/Rendezvous in Tennessee this past year, and the most fun game was Musical Men.

I forgot about musical me ... that was a hoot!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Amras Elfwine

In Scotsman-ese, "Hoot" equals "Most Excellent" ... :o
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Tixi

Hmm...

Hoop-Skirt Hula Hoop

Ale Pong (the Scholar's classic party game)

A Spelling Bee

Tudor Trivia

Truth Or Drink?

Dance Contest ("Ye hath been served!")

If I think of more, I'll post =)

SirBlackFox

I'd keep the games part and the booze part off the site at least.  I have a notion that non-sanctioned activities at MDRF may be frowned on a bit more than in previous seasons.  There are a lot of guilds and groups active in Revel Grove and as long as the non-sanctioned activity doesn't interrupt a show or is too noisy, Mgmt. doesn't usually have a problem with it.

I'm just saying is all.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady Nicolette

We did all games and special events in a special events section at TN this past year, for just that reason.  We held the raffle and wine auction just outside the gates and off to the side, before opening gate.  We did large group photos at the end of the day.  If there were any drinking games on or off site, I didn't know anything about it. ;)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Scotsman

I don't think of drinking as a game ... after all, I am a professional ...
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lairde Guardn

There are games you can play while drinking.....

I like the one, "Sneak to the Pub" also known as "Sneak to the Ale" 

Can be done by having someone takes pictures with their IPoD or while a Wedding Ceremony is going on and everyone else is busy even if you are the Father of the Bride.  I can tell you that the Ettes are not very good at Sneak to the Pub and that Scotsman kind of lost out on Sneak to the Ale.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Nailin

Rat Pucking!! as long as there are no buildings with ladders - i love you big brother
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Scotsman

Quote from: Nailin on June 27, 2009, 11:01:25 PM
Rat Pucking!! as long as there are no buildings with ladders - i love you big brother

MDRF has a Rat Pucking league, if you want to participate you will probably want to speak with the lead dude or Emry himself!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lupa

Yeah, would hate to step on Emrys' toes :(

I think Ulfric already mentioned to you about maybe doing a site "Scavenger" hunt (i.e. # of skulls in front of the Museum of Unnatural History, how many lions at the entrance, etc.)... he said he would make a mug for the prize.
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

Scotsman

Quote from: Lupa on June 30, 2009, 12:24:43 PM
I think Ulfric already mentioned to you about maybe doing a site "Scavenger" hunt (i.e. # of skulls in front of the Museum of Unnatural History, how many lions at the entrance, etc.)... he said he would make a mug for the prize.

Yes, Lady Guinness and he are going to work on that. I am going to try to get them into faire so they can do this. Probably after the holiday. As for the mug ... that is wicked cool! I may have to get the cheat sheet and try to steal this one  :P
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Peddlin

We could always do "Lap Dances":

LAP DANCE

Objective:   Move around a circle by answering questions. Expect some lap sitting and lap stacking!
Game type:    Active. A lot of movement may be required.
Players:    6 or more players
Needed:   None
Rules:   Put everyone in a circle. Each player should have a chair. Ask these statements to the guests. When a person can answer yes to a question, that person moves to the next seat on their right. By the way.. After a while there will be several players sitting on laps...even 4 at a time. You will want to have your own list of questions or criteria. Here are a few suggestions:

If you are wearing shoes that tie
If you are wearing a watch
If you have on a button
If you went to church Sunday
If you kissed your significant other today
If you are wearing heels
If you are wearing a ring
If you are having fun
If you are wearing yellow
If you made the bed you slept in
If you have a zipper
If you are wearing pants
If you have a son
If you have green eyes
If you have been to Hawaii
If you like chocolate
If speak a foreign language

Winning:   The first person who gets back to their original seat wins.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Peddlin

That might be because you sent it to me.    ;D
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Feline Groovy

Where was I going and how do I get there?