News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

D90

Started by Ice Mage, February 27, 2009, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Mage

As some of you know, i have been in search of a new camera for some time.  I am currently attending NYIP, and am looking to eventually open a business.  After much debate; and lots of help from my fellow RF'ers, i finally went with the Nikon D90.  I just wanted to thank all those who helped me with the great info, that helped me make my choice.

-Ice Mage
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

DeadBishop

Excellent choice!  What lens(es) did you get for it?  Gotta know the details, ya know.  :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Ice Mage

Lol. it's only the Zoom Lense that comes with the kit. but here it is.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens

I plan to get into prime lenses once i get comfortable with the camera it'self.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Ice Mage on February 27, 2009, 09:37:09 PM
As some of you know, i have been in search of a new camera for some time.  I am currently attending NYIP, and am looking to eventually open a business.  After much debate; and lots of help from my fellow RF'ers, i finally went with the Nikon D90.  I just wanted to thank all those who helped me with the great info, that helped me make my choice.

-Ice Mage

Have you had a chance to play with the HD Video Mode on the D90 yet?  I picked up a Canon 5D Mark II a couple months ago and like to refer to HD mode as being akin to having a bipolar supermodel as a girlfriend.  Some days, she's the best thing in the world and you want to show her off to all your friends.  Other days, you just want to throw her under a bus.

Still, being able to shoot full-raster HD video to a 35mm sensor for under $3K is pretty slick.
(This space for rent)

Ice Mage

I guess i'll have to get back with you on that.  I got it right before my move, and i just started unpacking.