News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

sword collector who passed in 2007

Started by escherblacksmith, August 12, 2009, 08:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

escherblacksmith

From a list-serve I am on . . .

Quote from: MRFFRiends
A wonderful historian passed away in 2007. Hank Reinhardt was a scholar of swords, knives, armor, and the like. His knowledge of the implements was extensive.  And now, a portion of Hank's collection is up for sale. If you like implements of mayhem, browsing a fraction of his collection is a cool trip.

Good sword hunting!

His site is here

These guys are apparently handling the sale/terms, etc.

Nice pics, probably not a bargain . . . There is a cup hilt I wouldn't mind acquiring.
--

DeadBishop

I received the same notice.  Went to look to see what's available, and most of the items that are on the web page are listed as NFS (Not For Sale).  I wonder if the people handling the sale called "first dibs" on these items... ::)

R/F.com member since 2003

escherblacksmith

indeed, I thought it might be the historical stuff, so they wouldn't put it through this sort of process.  But some of those are modern blades . . .

weird.

--

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Holy Crap!  Hank Reinhardt passed away?!?  He was the guy behind Museum Replicas LTD. wasn't he??
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I just checked... yes, this was the man behind making Museum Replicas what it is today... and implementing QC at Windlass Steel Crafts.

*see Hank Reinhardt's Book of Swords
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

escherblacksmith

hmmm, I had never heard of the guy.  Of course, I didn't get anything from Museum Replicas either, so there you are.

But per an email the folks running this thing, many of the items are going to Museums or being kept by the family.

Here is what is for Sale (and not sold) as of 08/12/2009:

European Antique -- All NFS
European Reproduction

• #46 Oakeshott Type XV sword
  • #47 European sword
  • #67 Scalloped edge two-handed sword
  • #68 Scottish Claymore
  • #70 Black Prince sword
  • #73 Italian Cinquedela
  • #74 Falchion with red leather handle
  • #78 pair of band swords
  • #110 Basket-hilted sword
There are a lot more than I thought (much more than this list), so I will stop here.

--

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cool... i was looking at some of his stuff.  Real gems in that lot. 
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God