News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hard Cover Photo Books

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, December 08, 2008, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

A woman I work with should me a couple of hard cover photo books she made using HP software and product. They were very beautiful and she had designed them herself withthe HP software. She had to use a brochure paper as the HP photo paper was one sided. The brochure paper allowed her to make them double sided. Now as I said they looked beautiful and she had printed them herself. She also did all the layout.

I have been searching for something similar but can't print them myself. While my printer does pretty good on photos, it's not good enough to make a coffee table book or to use as a portfolio item or even gifts or sell if I wanted.

I have seached some on google, but most of the sites I found are limited as far as photo layouts in the book. 3 upright's all layed out, or two horizontal, 2 vertical or 1 vertical... you get the idea. Places like Kodak offer some nice choices for covers, but once again the layout if not what I want. If I had the means I'd do my own layouts and take them to be printed but the question is ware and what software can I use that I can afford. While I do have some old versions of Photoshop, and Printshop, I am out in the dark on using them and making nice layouts. Shutterbug is another that does these books. Seach Google for Photo book and you will find many to shose from, just none do what I want done with layouts.

So do any of you photographers have any idea of a good site to make fully custome photobooks, or how to do it then have a printer print and bind them without being a killer on the checkbook?

The reason I ask I mentioned this to my mom and she almost started to salivate to have a hardvocer coffee table book to have around to enjoy of my photowork. I wanted to do it for Christmas, but could not find what I want and get it done the way I want it done.

Any suggestions?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mandrake Von Sets

While I haven't tried that particular service (I should), take a look at myPhotopipe/Blurb.  I've only used myPhotopipe in the past to have pictures printed and have been very satisfied.
Wil

renfairephotog

I've used shutterfly to make a couple books. They have options for how many pics on a page and where the pic will be placed on the page. Goto start a project >photo book. then click the pages tab. under the tabs area series of boxes the box represent  the pages of the book. As you roll over these boxes a thumbnail of the pics appear.
To the left is Layouts options which show different photo/text position option for that page.

Also Ritz/wolf/ camera shops make these books. If you have a shop  nearby you can get them done locally.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

I make several of these a day, in fact.  At Ritz Camera we can make these custom hard cover photo books in several sizes and page counts.  You can even do the layout and design online (ritzpix.com) and pick up the finished product at whatever location you choose.

R/F.com member since 2003

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well I think there is a Wolf camera just down the road about 2 miles from where I work, I'll check into them. Never heard of ritzpix however and I'm pretty sure if there was one, it would be in Denver some where which is to far to go. I thought about shutterbug but had not looked into them yet.

Thanks for the info
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lady de Laney on December 09, 2008, 08:52:55 AM
Well I think there is a Wolf camera just down the road about 2 miles from where I work, I'll check into them. Never heard of ritzpix however and I'm pretty sure if there was one, it would be in Denver some where which is to far to go. I thought about shutterbug but had not looked into them yet.

Thanks for the info

Wolf Camera is owned and operated by Ritz Camera.  We essentially all do the same stuff.  The Ritzpix.com website should allow you to send online orders to your local Wolf Camera store.  :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples