News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thoughts and Prayers for Co-workers and their Families.

Started by jinx, March 20, 2009, 09:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinx

This week has been a bad one for people at the Walmart store I work at (for another five days).

On Monday, Dave and Anne, two of our department managers, received a call to tell them that their 8 year old granddaughter, who has been bravely fighting Cystic Fibrosis for all of her short life, was sent home with hospice care.  Her doctors are talking in days and weeks, not months or years.  She's a sweet, bright child, and very much adored by her family and friends.  See annas-army.com for more information.

In addition, on Tuesday morning, we all came to work to find a sign by the time-clock informing us that Don, one of our door-greeters had passed away in his sleep.  It was quite sudden, and his presence in the store has been sorely missed.  I gave him his last break on Monday, and he said he was feeling really good, other than his legs bothering him, which was a pretty common thing.  Don was a very special person to all of us, and it's definitely not the same to walk into the store and not hear "Hello, Darlin'!" or "How's my sweetheart today?"  There are memorials up for him at both doors, and the sheer number of people in our small community who have inquired about his passing is astounding.  He touched more lives than he could ever know with kind words and his easy smiles.  I plan to attend his visitation this evening (if my in-laws will let me borrow their car again, since mine broke down Wednesday morning o.O).

If you have a spare moment for a thought, prayer, or lit candle for the families and friends of these people, please do.  I know they'd appreciate it.

Thank you.  <3
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

ADraeger

Goodness, what a bad week.  My thoughts and prayers are with them and their families.

white trillium

Co-workers often become like family to all of us, losses/experiences like this are difficult, our thoughts are with you, your co-workers and their families.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven