News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

? A Drink served at the Sea Devil ?

Started by Zardoz, December 09, 2008, 11:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeeperoftheBar

If you really want an experience, go to the Spec's Warehouse in Houston.  I do believe they have every type of booze that is legal to sell.  And their deli is out of this world.  I once counted and they had over 28 different types of black olives.  It would be easy to spend the day there and have lunch while you wander the aisles of bottles. 
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Aiacha

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on December 17, 2008, 07:44:28 AM
If you really want an experience, go to the Spec's Warehouse in Houston.  I do believe they have every type of booze that is legal to sell.  And their deli is out of this world.  I once counted and they had over 28 different types of black olives.  It would be easy to spend the day there and have lunch while you wander the aisles of bottles. 

Heh...guess where DS and I are going on friday...  :)  Helps that I work downtown...

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Zaubon

Bring lot's of money. A quick restocking run to the wharehouse the other day cost me $202.00, and I carried it all out in two boxes.

Aiacha

Quote from: Zaubon on December 17, 2008, 12:29:07 PM
Bring lot's of money. A quick restocking run to the wharehouse the other day cost me $202.00, and I carried it all out in two boxes.

It's WAY too easy to spend money there.  I've left there $70 poorer and said, "what did I buy??"

LadyShadow

Thanks for the heads up.  I think I'll wait until after Christmas for the day trip then.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Zaubon

Of course the Sweet Bitches that were served that night seemed very popular.

Tipsy Gypsy

I did the happy dance when they built a Spec's in College Station. All the local package stores that only sell the same ol' standard stock cringed... My only disappointment was that Spec's didn't include a deli.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Lala

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on December 16, 2008, 11:13:23 PM
Spec's is franchised outside of Houston
There is one in San Marcos and one in Beaumont at least
Also several in Austin etc etc
here is the list of locations... Maybe one is closer than Houston
http://204.128.208.250/cgi-bin/locate

*Spend enough time searching for specific rums... and you track down ALL the Spec's lol*

My hubby, when he was doing commercial real estate, called them about opening a location in Dallas. The owner said he'd love to - the profit margin in Dallas is much higher than in Houston, but he didn't want his daughter and grandkids moving to Dallas. A family member opens each store, you see. So, yeah, no Spec's for the Big D. (And Dallas folks think the only reason to go to Houston is MD Anderson. meh)
Sound & Fury Poster Girl - Texas edition

TRF Performance Co. 1992 - 2000

tigerlilly

Quote from: Lala on December 17, 2008, 04:33:25 PM
Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on December 16, 2008, 11:13:23 PM
Spec's is franchised outside of Houston
There is one in San Marcos and one in Beaumont at least
Also several in Austin etc etc
here is the list of locations... Maybe one is closer than Houston
http://204.128.208.250/cgi-bin/locate

*Spend enough time searching for specific rums... and you track down ALL the Spec's lol*

My hubby, when he was doing commercial real estate, called them about opening a location in Dallas. The owner said he'd love to - the profit margin in Dallas is much higher than in Houston, but he didn't want his daughter and grandkids moving to Dallas. A family member opens each store, you see. So, yeah, no Spec's for the Big D. (And Dallas folks think the only reason to go to Houston is MD Anderson. meh)

I would much much rather have to make the trip from Dallas to Houston to go to Specs instead of MD Anderson!    :o

Clarendon

I have never been to Spec's but I'm guessing Goody Goody Liquor stores might be kind of the same. They have a number of locations here in Dallas.  http://www.goodygoody.com/default.aspx
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Lala

Clarendon, you said it. You've never been to Spec's.
Sound & Fury Poster Girl - Texas edition

TRF Performance Co. 1992 - 2000