News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Garland

Started by LaurenLee, December 23, 2008, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurenLee

I just found the BEST Christmas garland at Menards.. it's jewels set in settings that have a small loop on either side of the setting, and connected to the next one with a small ring.  I clipped them apart, one by one, and now I have cabachons to sew on garb, almost invisibly! :D  I really think this will work on some sleeves I'm thinking of doing - connecting the panes with these jewels.

I bought it in many colors, for $1.67 for 33 feet.   Almost as good as the 9 yards of cotton velvet swags for $1.80 that I  got at Salvation Army last week, in the most beautiful color that is a cross between cranberry and pumpkin.

It's fun being a bargain-hunting fool sometimes...

Merry Christmas!

Lauren

Master James

Sounds wonderful!  Would like to see a picture of it.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Caroline

Me too!  Pic please!  Sounds lovely.

LadyShadow

I'm going to have to go shopping with you sometime and find these deals.  I would love to see some pictures as well  ;D please
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

LaurenLee

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago; there are many depressed suburban areas that abound with thrift stores.  It takes time, but I can hit three big ones within 10 miles of each other on a Saturday, and I find the best things.  Velvet guards can be made from dining room chair slipcovers, or cotton velvet jeans; really ugly beaded sweaters yield a pound of gold beads or pearls; but the best is the drapery section - can't believe how many cotton velvet panels I find, or beautiful jacquard tableclothes for foreparts.  I'll show a pic of the latest pumpkin/cranberry velvet later - I also bought some really REAL looking white fur, that I hope to use some dye and a paintbrush and make "ermine"!

Here are the two girdles I made:  I have them for sale on etsy, by the way:

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)