News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Auditions for '09 Questions

Started by Moldy Forest, December 15, 2008, 07:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Demetrius on December 29, 2008, 11:30:35 AM
2.) I didn't 'have' to work food. (I would say "get")

Ah- but you also get to work with people and you work in shade all day! And paytrons come and take your picture!  ;)

4.) As long as you have flip flops, the showers aren't too bad.   ;D

Hey Capn- that was 13 Macbeths...   :o

4.) yes but are they Private? Most likely NOT as most showers like that are community i.e. womens for the women and mens for the men. While I was in the military and also in high school and at public swimming pools, I hate having to share a shower. Especially with my situation i.e. very self concious um you know what I mean  :-X

If I had to drive back and forth every day I'd be a NO WAY. While Camping is fine, even while camping I get to wash my hair and take a "Cowboy bath" in the wild with no one watching me... unless of course they are using a big game scope on me :)

Now if I had a camper with a shower or RV then I'd be all over it.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady de Laney on December 29, 2008, 04:32:00 PM
Quote from: Demetrius on December 29, 2008, 11:30:35 AM
2.) I didn't 'have' to work food. (I would say "get")

Ah- but you also get to work with people and you work in shade all day! And paytrons come and take your picture!  ;)

4.) As long as you have flip flops, the showers aren't too bad.   ;D

Hey Capn- that was 13 Macbeths...   :o

4.) yes but are they Private? Most likely NOT as most showers like that are community i.e. womens for the women and mens for the men. While I was in the military and also in high school and at public swimming pools, I hate having to share a shower. Especially with my situation i.e. very self concious um you know what I mean  :-X

If I had to drive back and forth every day I'd be a NO WAY. While Camping is fine, even while camping I get to wash my hair and take a "Cowboy bath" in the wild with no one watching me... unless of course they are using a big game scope on me :)

Now if I had a camper with a shower or RV then I'd be all over it.

Yes- the showers are private- as long as you close your eyes. There have been times in the past when both genders have been present in the men's side... hmmmm...

I own a pretty big telescope- so you could be on Saturn and I'd still see ya.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Avan

The KOA that is just up the road does have private showers and either tent sites or cabins.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Avan on December 30, 2008, 08:25:52 AM
The KOA that is just up the road does have private showers and either tent sites or cabins.

Yes but one must pay to use those facilities.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Tanda

The showers themselves are private, complete with curtain. However, unless you pack a bathrobe or plan on getting dressed in the shower stall, that part is in a shared space. Yeah, I don't camp any more. Mostly because I generally have dogs in my care on the weekends during the summer. And I hate using portapots and showering like that, too. But I only have a 30 minute drive in, so meh. I'd rather have a good shower and sleep in a bed than sleep in 30 minutes.

As to auditions, Moldy, I'd say email and if you don't get a response within a week, call as well. Auditions don't usually start until March, but it's sometimes hard to say. It's better to get on the radar early, than wait.

o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

I live about 50 minutes away, but it's really not so bad.  Plus I have 2 or 3 other people carpooling with me so at least the gas is shared.  I just wish one of them could drive too, so that I didn't have to do the driving every time...oh well.  It's still worth it.   ;D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Moldy Forest

Quote from: Zoë on December 30, 2008, 08:49:50 PM
I live about 50 minutes away, but it's really not so bad.  Plus I have 2 or 3 other people carpooling with me so at least the gas is shared.  I just wish one of them could drive too, so that I didn't have to do the driving every time...oh well.  It's still worth it.   ;D
Your lucky that people help you with gas. When I went last year I don't think anyone offered to help with gas when I drove.
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Zoë

Quote from: Moldy Forest on January 01, 2009, 05:00:51 PM
I live about 50 minutes away, but it's really not so bad.  Plus I have 2 or 3 other people carpooling with me so at least the gas is shared.  I just wish one of them could drive too, so that I didn't have to do the driving every time...oh well.  It's still worth it.   ;D
Your lucky that people help you with gas. When I went last year I don't think anyone offered to help with gas when I drove.

It's one of the stipulations of being in my carpool.  No gas money, no ride to work.  ;) 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Aislynn

Quote from: Zoë on January 01, 2009, 11:27:34 PM

It's one of the stipulations of being in my carpool.  No gas money, no ride to work.  ;) 

If I always had that stipulation, I'd always have had an empty car too. ;)

Zoë

Quote from: Aislynn on January 02, 2009, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: Zoë on January 01, 2009, 11:27:34 PM

If I always had that stipulation, I'd always have had an empty car too. ;)

Well, unfortunately for them it's me or nothing, so it's gas money or no job, haha.  But on the other hand, my car gets good enough gas that I can make it there and home twice on one tank of gas.  So it wouldn't be too awful bad even if I were alone. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mischief Snicklebritches

Im not sure after working there so long I could do anything BUT be on cast. I would be very very sad if I had to go and actually pay for my ticket *gasp*
And while I may still not be official cast this year, I will at least be volunteering a couple weekends. Which is a-ok with me.

That's what's great about CoRF...if you want a year off...you can have one and jump right back into it the next. HUGE revolving door policy...its fantastic. It also doesn't hurt to be married to one of the upper "golden children" on Betty's list ;D I pretty much have free reign...its gweat.

So that totally wasn't the topic of this post was it? woopies. Um...yes, as far as auditioning...totally go for it....oh and

McBeth.

How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Mischief Snicklebritches

Oh, and lady delany..I know sometimes people that live close by go home to shower...maybe if you get buddy buddy with someone that lives in the springs or something...you could shower at their casa.
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

blondekarma

Psssh... Loveland?  You're practically next door to Larkspurshire!  :P 

As far as auditions..  the first (and only audition I've ever had in my life) I went to was for the 07 season and I initially did a solo dance sans music and ended up getting cast on court.  Go figure.  I can't recall ever being more nervous in my life.. however, it was a really relaxed and encouraging atmosphere.  There was a good mix of people in costumes and mundanes so go with what's most comfortable for you, but at the very least bring a photo of you in garb.  Oh, and let your passion and enjoyment for your instrument and the faire shine.  It's a lot more about having fun and bringing people into the magic than anything else.
I do not fear death- I fear a life unlived.

Be Cause.  See Effect.

If anything matters, then everything matters.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: blondekarma on January 04, 2009, 07:18:16 AM
Psssh... Loveland?  You're practically next door to Larkspurshire!  :P 

Compared to Silverthorn? Yes it is, but a 1.5 to 2 hour drive home every night is not what I call fun, especially when it takes you through Denver... twice or 4 times in a weekend (2 down, 2 back for both days) If your lucky and you go through Denver early, it's not so bad, but I'd still almost rather pull my wisdom teeth out with a pair of tweezers.

Me sing and Dance? I think they'd lock me out even as a playton if they saw me dance or heard me sing. While I used to sing in an all original metal band, I have a very hard... and I do mean VERY hard time singing now unless you want me to do an Angela Glassgow of Arch Enemy impersonation... youtube the band, you'll get the idea.

Ummmm as much as I'd love to be a part of cast, I think I'll just keep paying and keep Toki company and keep shooting photos for magazines. Oh and being confused for the queen :)
"The Metal Maiden"

Demetrius

All this talk of distance- and I'm thinking of the months and months and months... Macbeth.
I'd audition for hamster petting zoo, but alas, 'tis a hamster free faire...
  :'(

BTW, supposedly- if someone says "Macbeth" you have to mail them to ten people or bad luck will come your way. Louise Plimpton of Benton, Texas, said "Macbeth" and nothing bad happened. Okay, bad example, but you just watch it. 
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...