News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fishers Indiana Faire

Started by Sir Francis Drake, May 14, 2008, 03:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Curious, did the Red Lion offer mead last year??
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 11, 2008, 09:50:02 PM

Due to some last minute problems, the Red Lion was not actually there last year. This year, the latest word is that it would be beer and wine. While most consider mead under the general category of wine; it hasn't been mentioned specifically. I will ask the faire chairman this weekend during our practices.
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on August 12, 2008, 11:33:41 PM
Quote from: Sir William Marcus on August 11, 2008, 09:50:02 PM

Due to some last minute problems, the Red Lion was not actually there last year.

Thank you Sir Francis as I wasn't quite sure about that either.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Romeo 'the' Red

The Red Lion was there last year. It had both Mead and Beer.  But it wasn't obvious where it was located. 

This year we will have Beer Wenches outside the tent and they will be serving Mead and Beer.   

Sir Walter
Sir Walter Raleigh
Chairman of the Fishers Renaissance Faire
Founding member of The Hey Nonny Nonny Players  (aka Pirate

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Sir Walter Raleigh on August 14, 2008, 02:15:31 PM
The Red Lion was there last year. It had both Mead and Beer.  But it wasn't obvious where it was located. 

This year we will have Beer Wenches outside the tent and they will be serving Mead and Beer.   

Sir Walter

More like well hidden; as I do not recall ever seeing any signs of its presence. Oh well, no rum so no attention from me <G>

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: Sir Walter Raleigh on August 14, 2008, 02:15:31 PM
Sir Walter

Huzzah to that Sir Walter!!

Romeo 'the' Red

;D
TIME to purchase those advanced tickets!  Tickets now available (in Indiana) at Key Bank Locations.  OR there is a form to fill out and mail in with a check (we'll send you the tickets by mail).  Save 25% (okay the tickets are relatively cheap at $6 in advance for adults or $8 at the door), but since we are a fundraiser for a not for profit organization (Sister Cities of FIshers......BTW all monies go to college scholarships and student/teacher exchanges with Billericay, England....none of the people involved in running the faire receive any money), the more money we have up front, the better off we are.  We decided early on that our faire would be cheap enough for a family of 5 or 6 to attend and have a great time without breaking the bank.  Thus the low prices.  We have over 100 shows a day with well-known favorite acts from the renfaire circuits (Rogue Blades, Knights of Valour, Molotov the Gypsy etc...)  as well as some local one of a kind shows (Hey Nonny Nonny Players: Pirates of the Luna Sea).  So check out the website (www.fishersrenfaire.com) and come visit us......  because 15000 patrons in one weekend can't be wrong!
Sir Walter Raleigh
Chairman of the Fishers Renaissance Faire
Founding member of The Hey Nonny Nonny Players  (aka Pirate

BLAKDUKE

Getting Knights of Valour is a coup indeed.  They are great.  I only wish I could be there.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

NeutralAngel

Hello everyone!

I went to a renaissance faire once when I was just a kid, and have always wanted to return. The Fisher's Faire will be my first as an adult, and I'm SO looking forward to it! I purchased a few items of garb from Pendragon at GenCon this year, and have spent the last few hours trying to decide what shoes I might order from Lady Oren (I hope I have time left!).

Well, I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to seeing everyone in October! :)

Nathan

lady tamela

I hope to make this year, it will be my first at Fishers, I usually attend Bristol every summer, but missed it this summer.  I live about half way between the two.  It sounds like a good time will be had by all.

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: lady tamela on September 05, 2008, 10:15:23 AM
I hope to make this year, it will be my first at Fishers, I usually attend Bristol every summer, but missed it this summer.  I live about half way between the two.  It sounds like a good time will be had by all.

Well then let me welcome you beforehand ;D

I also usually attend Bristol, but economic factors kept me far closer to home than in past years, so I missed out on Bristol this year. As Sir Walter pointed out earlier, there are several new "things" this year as well as returning favorites, so a good time is easy to find.

Hope to see you there :)

Ladyfair

I will have the RF banner hanging on my tent as always...... and I still have a few pins left if anyone still may need one.
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lord Clisto of York

For some reason i thought this faire was open at least 2 weekends. Dang... I will be in Ohio for faire that weekend this year.

Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Ladyfair

Sir Clisto.... there is a LARGE group of MiRF'ers going to Ohio the next weekend....I think over 90 people?.....can you join us?

Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Ladyfair

We were going to camp at our booth again this year, but because of an added weekend at Michigan (other half has to stay there).... I am scrambling to find a nice hotel near the site for LadyAnn and myself.....anyone have any suggestions?
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523