News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fishers Indiana Faire

Started by Sir Francis Drake, May 14, 2008, 03:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

The Fourth Annual Fishers Renaissance Faire proudly presents,
"The Year of Romance".

In the year 1579, our cleverly themed fair comes complete with daily mass vow renewals, period weddings, Her Majesty's infamous and amusing Court of Love, character romances, scandals and a shocking surprise suitor for the Queen!  And there is a fairy catcher in town, stealing the Fantasticals for his menagerie!  Will the Fairie Queen's advisor, Lord Rowan,  be able to save his beloved Autumn fairy, Chrysanthemum,  in time?  What is the mystery behind the fairy catcher?  Find out this and more by joining in the fun and becoming immersed in the live tales of Billericay, England.  Huzzah!

We proudly introduce our brand new  jousting troupe, The Knights of Valour,  who will be entertaining the masses with thrilling jousting feats of  bravery.  There will be plenty of hearty faire food, beer and mead by Leinenkugel,  unique artisan shopping, and over 100 lusty, period entertainment shows daily.   Be sure to catch the  parades,  Sunday church Reformation service, Fisher's very own Hey Nonny, Nonny Players Pirate shows, archery contests, Kiwanis sponsored childrens games, pony rides, falconry,  Peasant Olympics, dragon wing eating contest, sword fighting,  Scottish Highland Games, period madrigal choirs, musicians and dancing, puppet shows, a daily costume contest by the Fantasticals, knightings by the Queen, and over 200 costumed street characters to interact with you.

All to take place on a single weekend of merriment and mayhem, Oct. 4th and 5th, 10am-6pm daily on the grounds of Connor Prairie. Gate ticket admission is $8 for adults, $5 for children 6-12.  Pre-sale tickets for $2 off gate admission prices may be purchased at participating Key bank locations.  No pets allowed. Free onsite parking.  Parking shuttle transportation for handicapped available.  The Fishers Renaissance Faire is a non-profit fundraising event sponsored by Sister Cities Association of Fishers, IN to enlighten, entertain, and educate about Fishers' Sister City Billericay, England and the English Renaissance Period.   For more information or for Key bank locations in your area please see our website at www.fishersrenfaire.com.  Be part of history!

Sir William Marcus

We will be there Sunday for sure.. "God wills it!"
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

lady tamela

I am still crossing my fingers that I can attend, money has been very tight, but I have to have my Ren Faire fix before the year is out.

Sir William Marcus

As of now,  it appears the weather is going to extremely favorable this weekend
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: lady tamela on September 29, 2008, 08:19:26 AM
I am still crossing my fingers that I can attend, money has been very tight, but I have to have my Ren Faire fix before the year is out.

Well, Fishers is priced very reasonably, less than $10 for entry. Most faires are about double that! Hope everything works out and we see you there!
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on September 29, 2008, 01:22:01 PM

So far so good, but this is Indiana, so anything can happen weatherwise! See you on Sunday hopefully!

LadyAnn

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on September 30, 2008, 10:38:24 PM
Quote from: Sir William Marcus on September 29, 2008, 01:22:01 PM

So far so good, but this is Indiana, so anything can happen weatherwise! See you on Sunday hopefully!

Indianas weather sound like Michigans... give it 5 minutes and it will change.

"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

lady tamela

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on September 30, 2008, 10:37:32 PM
Quote from: lady tamela on September 29, 2008, 08:19:26 AM

Well, Fishers is priced very reasonably, less than $10 for entry. Most faires are about double that! Hope everything works out and we see you there!

Unfortunatley, the money issues extended to my chariot needing new tires and breaks, so the entry was not the issue. I am most distressed at not being able to attend.  I don't know of any thing else within driving distance until next year now.  And yes the weather looks very pretty maybe just a bit nippy, but one can deal with that when they are having a good time.  I hope to see you all next year either at Bristol or Fishers or perhaps both.

Sir Francis Drake

Well the faire is over for this year, which is both good and sad. We had some of the best weather; especially on Saturday. No oven-baking heat like last year. The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' shows went quite well, we had a lot of audience participation, and very few people leaving in the middle of the show.

Finally met Ladyfair, took me halfway through Sunday and finally meeting Sir William Marcus as well, to finally have time to find her booth. Also I did "re-meet" Lady Ann who was in attendance with Ladyfair. The "re-meet" was due to Lady Ann not realizing that under the old RF forums site, I was known as "Swashbuckler".

Safe travels my friends, and may you find happiness around every corner!

Peace Out!

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: lady tamela on October 05, 2008, 09:52:31 AM

Unfortunatley, the money issues extended to my chariot needing new tires and breaks, so the entry was not the issue. I am most distressed at not being able to attend.  I don't know of any thing else within driving distance until next year now.  And yes the weather looks very pretty maybe just a bit nippy, but one can deal with that when they are having a good time.  I hope to see you all next year either at Bristol or Fishers or perhaps both.

I am sorry you had to miss out, next year perhaps, as the faire is returning of course!

LadyAnn

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on October 06, 2008, 12:38:39 PM
Well the faire is over for this year, which is both good and sad. We had some of the best weather; especially on Saturday. No oven-baking heat like last year. The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' shows went quite well, we had a lot of audience participation, and very few people leaving in the middle of the show.

Finally met Ladyfair, took me halfway through Sunday and finally meeting Sir William Marcus as well, to finally have time to find her booth. Also I did "re-meet" Lady Ann who was in attendance with Ladyfair. The "re-meet" was due to Lady Ann not realizing that under the old RF forums site, I was known as "Swashbuckler".

Safe travels my friends, and may you find happiness around every corner!

Peace Out!

It was a pleasure meet you again, and I shall be returning next year to your lovely faire.

Fair Thee Well!

~LadyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

NeutralAngel

The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' shows went quite well, we had a lot of audience participation, and very few people leaving in the middle of the show.

My parents and I enjoyed The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' show on Saturday afternoon very much! :)

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: NeutralAngel on October 07, 2008, 07:13:16 PM

The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' shows went quite well, we had a lot of audience participation, and very few people leaving in the middle of the show.

My parents and I enjoyed The Hey Nonny Nonny Players' show on Saturday afternoon very much! :)

I am glad you enjoyed our "efforts"  ;D 

And I hope you and your parents will join us next year as well.

LadyAnn

I got a few picture before the magic box died.

Sir William Marcus,Templers Knight (did not get his name), Richard, and Lord Magnus (sp) 
"Castleteer"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Sir Francis Drake

Well taken pictures, and you even caught me in one of them. I am in the background reverencing the Queen as she passes by in the foreground.