News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fishers Indiana Faire

Started by Sir Francis Drake, May 14, 2008, 03:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir William Marcus

Thank you for sharing LadyAnn.

Unfortunately I spent more time holding my tankard that day than my image maker.

However,  I did manage to get a couple in...

LadyFaire & LadyAnn

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Happy New Year!       Hope everyone had a great holiday season!  It's that time again!  Time to dust off your renfaire hat and come sign up for the 2009 Fishers Renaissance Faire. We need you to come try-out for the new volunteer cast of the Fishers Renaissance Faire.     We will hold a short informational meeting for our new attendees, we are looking for outgoing individuals who would like to join our volunteer cast as street performance peasants, male sea dogs (pirates), middling merchants, Sheriff's constables, male Beefeater guards, female Queen's household staff, adult Fantasticals (fairy and mythic folk), volunteer unpaid entertainers (jugglers, stilt walkers, minstrels, etc.), Shakespeare shorts actors, Madrigal Choir singers and many more character roles!  If you are just signing up as a general volunteer or paid entertainer, just come sign up and then you may leave.  We will hold a informational meeting for general volunteers much closer to faire time. Paid entertainers will be contacted by our entertainment coordinator.      New cast must be 15 years old at the time of auditions or accompanied by a parent/guardian who will also be a cast member in the same guild.   All new Fantasticals need to be 16 years old at the time of auditions.  Those under 18 years of age must have a parent/legal guardian sign the new 2009 volunteer waiver for consent to join the cast.        The audition dates are as follows:      Jan. 25th, 1pm at Holland Park for Shakespeare's "The Merry Wives of Windsor" try-outs and Villagers cast informational meeting, all male and female roles needed.  Feb. 8th, 2pm at the Fishers Public Library for general all cast and new Fantasticals try-outs and informational meeting.  The Fantasticals will be searching for more adult male and female roles and new mythic creature additions.  The last opportunity for sign up and auditions is Feb. 28th, 1pm at the Fishers Public Library for Madrigal Choir singers, and general all cast informational meeting.  All male/female voices needed to fill.            I look forward to seeing you all at one of the cast call-out/audition dates, but if you can't make any of them, send me an e-mail so I know you still want to join.  This year is our 5th year Anniversary Celebration Spectacular, so make it your New Year's resolution to grab some friends or family and get them to join our fun cast family!  I hope you are all healthy, happy, and looking forward to a great year with us!   

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Hi all,

The 2009 Fishers Renaissance Faire will be held Oct. 3rd and 4th from 10am-6pm daily on the grounds of Connor Prairie.  Go to www.fishersrenfaire.com for directions. 

Also, Facebook has an unofficial website for the Fishers Renaissance Faire and a unofficial Friends of the Fishers Renaissance Faire page.  Myspace has an official Fishers Renaissance Faire myspace page, and you can find me at the Pirate Queen Grace O'Malley on myspace also.  Did everyone like the new jousting troupe "Knights of Valour" this past year?

Sir Francis Drake

Hello,

For those who have tried and got error messages, the faire's website: www.fishersrenfaire.com is currently unavailable as it is being upgraded with new material for the new year. We hope to have the site back up and running in a few days. Just a recap of the faire: It is held on the grounds of Conner Prairie, Fishers Indiana; Sat Oct 3rd & Sun Oct 4th, 10am - 6pm both days.

So put it on your calendar and come helps us celebrate our 5th year!

Sincerely,

Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Lord Clisto of York

I was going to ask about that. I tried a few days ago while updating my faire list on my website. I was also thinking about getting there this season.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: sir clisto on April 02, 2009, 02:09:29 AM
I was going to ask about that. I tried a few days ago while updating my faire list on my website. I was also thinking about getting there this season.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Hopefully, our new webmaster can get everything worked out soon. I'll post an update on the site's status as soon as I get the word.

We would love to see you there Sir Clisto, hope you can fit us into your busy faire schedule this year.

Godspeed,
Sir Francis

Grace "Rum" O'Malley

Hi yall!

The newly revamped website is up and running!  Huzzah!  We are still tweaking some broken links and will add more cool stuff as the summer approaches.  We are looking forward to an awesome year this year!  We've finished auditions in Jan. and Feb. and are gearing up early this year.  Our 200 + cast is really excited and we are already rehearsing monthly.  (if anybody is interested in helping us recruit people, let me know, we are still looking for cast to join!)  I am going to have to get my swords out and brush up my fencing for the pirate show.  I am sooo ready for warmer weather!

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on April 05, 2009, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: sir clisto on April 02, 2009, 02:09:29 AM

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Hopefully, our new webmaster can get everything worked out soon. I'll post an update on the site's status as soon as I get the word.

We would love to see you there Sir Clisto, hope you can fit us into your busy faire schedule this year.

Godspeed,
Sir Francis

I am surely going to try. I do look forward to getting there.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Ladyfair

Tis a great faire indeed!!!!   I realy look forward to going every year!!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Ladyfair on April 07, 2009, 09:47:36 PM
Tis a great faire indeed!!!!   I realy look forward to going every year!!!

And we look forward to seeing your cheery smile at your booth every year  ;D

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: piratequeen on April 06, 2009, 11:56:32 AM
I am going to have to get my swords out and brush up my fencing for the pirate show.  I am sooo ready for warmer weather!

All I have to say to that is this:

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! GRACIE GOTS A SWORD!!!!!!

ROFLMAO ;)

Sir William Marcus

Will be there. Looking forward to it

Sir LJ

Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Sir William Marcus

Contemplating a surprise invasion there Lord Jarhead ??