News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Official meet and greet for 2009

Started by DonaCatalina, December 17, 2008, 10:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

Sounds good. We usually catch the parade near the chess match/proclamation and will just saunter over to the Dirty Duck. Gotta meet some more of you guys this year.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Al-Nimer

Sounds great to me!  We're either watching the parade from down by the chess board, or I'm marching as a drummer for the belly dancers.  The latter requires a drink and a rest at the FoF area afterward anyway.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

eloquentXI

Unless anyone can post any viable arguments against, I'll go ahead and post it as the official meet and greet on the front of the Roll Call so that everyone gets the memo!

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Under 100 days!  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Queen Bonnie

That sounds fine. The FOF down there is smokey- but the Dirty Duck is nice!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

DonaCatalina

I hope I finally get to meet more of you guys. It usually seems like 66 people say they're going to be there for opening weekend and I get to meet 10 at the meet and greet.  ;D ;D ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tripletap

Berit

Hey, I just wanted to let everybody know that the Dirty Duck has been rebuilt and the covered seating is no more.  There will be tables with umbrellas but I don't know how comfortable that will be to everyone at the Meet and Greet.  To that end, the Festival would like to offer the Celebration Pavilion right by the Duck from 1 pm to 1:30 pm.  We are re roofing it to make it more water tight and there will be plenty of shade. We never got a sign up last year so you may not be aware of it. It is the little pavilion with built in seating.  We are now offering it for Birthday Parties and other parties for smaller groups of 10 to 30.  I hope that you will find it acceptable for the Meet and Greet.

Sir Berit of Miller, Knight of Lite.

Queen Bonnie

That sounds great Berit! Thank you!  I am sad about the Dirty Duck though.It is always a shady quiet spot.
I will probably still watch the parade from my usual spot by the Kings pub and make my way down to the pavilion after the parade.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

DonaCatalina

Thank you Sir Berit!

The Dirty Duck will be missed, but sometimes things have to be rebuilt.
I plan on checking this out during the FOF preview event.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Yennefer

Hello everyone. Hubby and I are  not new to Ren Faires but we are new to this forum. We usually go with just 2 of us as our friends are not interested  but  it would be so nice to get to meet and get to know yaal and possibly make some more friends.. I did not see any forum space for noobies to introduce themselves so please forgive me if this is not an appopriate spot for my post.

Would it be OK if hubby and I join yaal's meet and greet though we  did not interact on these forums much ( yet!)?

Hugs,

Yennefer Von Vengerberg
Yennefer von Vengerberg

SirRichardBear

Yennefer besure to come by the Scot's cottage before parade and say hello I don't get to the official meet and greet because of duties with the QOH after parade. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Yennefer

Quote from: SirRichardBear on February 03, 2009, 05:18:30 PM
Yennefer besure to come by the Scot's cottage before parade and say hello I don't get to the official meet and greet because of duties with the QOH after parade. 

done deal :) just need to decide which weekend to go now

Sir Richard,

here is a link to our wedding arc pic.. may be you can recognize yourself :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26241824@N04/2464123397/in/set-72157604875847642/
Yennefer von Vengerberg

eloquentXI

We would love for you to join us, Yennefer. :)

Please let us know which weekend you will be there and join us Pre-Cannon and during the Meet n' Greet. We're a friendly bunch so you're bound to make many a friend.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Yennefer on February 03, 2009, 03:22:03 PM
Hello everyone. Hubby and I are  not new to Ren Faires but we are new to this forum. We usually go with just 2 of us as our friends are not interested  but  it would be so nice to get to meet and get to know yaal and possibly make some more friends.. I did not see any forum space for noobies to introduce themselves so please forgive me if this is not an appopriate spot for my post.

Would it be OK if hubby and I join yaal's meet and greet though we  did not interact on these forums much ( yet!)?

Hugs,

Yennefer Von Vengerberg

Bienvenidos Yennefer.
I'm glad you decided to join the Forum and I look forward to meeting you at Scarborough.
You can post your introduction on the Greetings thread. if you wish.

If you arrive early enough on Saturday morning, come over and join the party in the FOF parking. You and your husband are more than welcome.

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Yennefer

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 04, 2009, 08:11:25 AM

Bienvenidos Yennefer.
I'm glad you decided to join the Forum and I look forward to meeting you at Scarborough.
You can post your introduction on the Greetings thread. if you wish.

If you arrive early enough on Saturday morning, come over and join the party in the FOF parking. You and your husband are more than welcome.

How early is early? :)
Yennefer von Vengerberg