News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

See a joust in England at Hampton Court!

Started by Syrilla, December 17, 2008, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrilla

This was posted on another forum.  More information shall be posted in Jan. 2009  So, here is what was sent to me.

August 29th-31st.

Hampton Court Palace

First joust there since 1557!!!!

Organized by yous Griffin Historical Ltd.

For the first time see joust royal armours, solid lances, harnesses fit for kings and princes. Cloth of gold and purple abounds! Gilded armour! etc etc.

BLAKDUKE

My wife and I were going to go there a few years back, for the historical faire they were putting on.  We had our visas, but as luck would have it the money ran out and the hassle of the airports and checking in started up, and then we became fearfull
of flying overseas, so we gave up.  I sure would like to go someday though. 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Historic Arms and Armour

Traveling to England is really no big deal. Checking in was somewhat inconvenient for a while post-911, but not so bad now. If you are in the US, a visa is unnecessary- you only need a passport. Hampton Court palace is an easy train ride from central London and is a fantastic thing to see on any London excursion. And don't miss the Wallace Collection, the V&A and the National Gallery. You could spend a month just seeing London.

The jousts Griff (Mark Griffin) puts on are great and a spectacle worth seeing. I've jousted for Griffin Historical at the Tower of London the last two summers as part of the Tournament at the Tower, a recreation of a 1467 joust originally at Smithfield. I played the Duke of Clarence (brother to Richard III). The best armour, the best presentation and the most awesome historical locations. It was a true thrill to joust in the Tower moat, something even the medieval dudes didn't get to do since it was full of water then.....  ;-)
Cheers,

Jeffrey Hedgecock
WorldJoust Tournaments
Produced by Historic Enterprises, Inc.

bellevivre

argh! wow... we were just there less than a year ago- any website info?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Gwen

None that I'm aware of.   Web info usually is available before an event, but the event is long over.  The reason they had the jousts this year were because it was the 500th anniversary of Henry's ascension to the throne. Dunno if they plan to have jousting next year.

Gwen