News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Casting Call for a new "Unamed Story"

Started by Martin Montgomery, December 17, 2008, 09:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Montgomery

Good day,my Friends!! I would like to ask a few,untried authors,to step forward and join in the misadventure!!
The story will take place along the forest's trails and in small villages of the land. Magic,adventure and fun are the order of the day,so if you wish to join us,put a description of your character here!!  So far the Roster includes, Myself as Shamrall the Small and Luciana as The Gypsy Seer,Gaia. to keep the story manageable I think that no more than five or so should be writing. Everyone else is,Of Course,Welcome to read the ensuing mayhem!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Martin Montgomery

;D Hello!  My new (Revamped) character is:   

Name:       Shamrall the Small
Race:        Half-Halfling (Unsure of Father's Liniage)
Height:      3'01
Weight:     155
Skills:        Good Fighter,Half Trained Thief,Less than Half Trained Magic User
Clothing:    Usual Garb- Hooded Gray Cloak (Reversible to Dark Green)
                                 Light Brown Vest (Many Pockets) Revesible to Black
                                 Brown Knee Breeches with Dark Green (Hide) Breechcloth "Skirts" (front and back)
                                 Brown Leather,Belt,Pouches,Bracers and Sheathes
                                 Usually wears no footwear,but owns sock like Pads for cold weather and rough terrain
Weapons:   Dwarven Made Light Ax with Extendable Shaft (On Back)
                 Elven Made Single Edged Short Blade (Short Scimitar)
                 Human Made Short Horseman's Bow (Unstrung next to ten arrow quiver)
Mount:       When Needed Shamrall can use his ONE major magical accomplishment - He has fashioned a Rune of Power that is set
                  into his right bracer-with the proper coaxing he can call forth a fully geared and war-trained Wolf,named "Shayde"
                  Sometimes it works out the way he wants (Sometimes Not!) Most of the time,Shamrall walks!
History:      Shamrall does not remember much of his early life,he knows that he and his Mother traveled a lot and that they left
                  many towns in the dark of night. Long ago he recalled coming back into their Camp after hunting for game and
                  finding it ransacked,his Mother nowhere to be found. He was taken in and raised by an odd couple,a White Mage
                  and a Black Witch,Both tried to train him in their chosen arcane arts but he proved to be good at neither! He left
                  them and has been living on his own,supporting himself by odd jobs,gamboling and thievery. Spending much time
                  in village lock-ups and doing public works,thereby learning a little about many things. Shamrall has learned to read and
                  write in two languages- Man and Halfling and knows a smattering of several others.       

Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Sonata

Hmm...it's late :D May I reserve a 'spot' and provide character details tomorrow? I'm thinking something Bardic, with a hint of saucy wench.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Lady Amy of York

OH..you know i love  to write  . May i join you please  sir. !

Name :    Jadestar
Race :  half human/ half  elf/ 
  Looks :   Tall, fairskinned,  chestnut color  hair, green eyes

Skills:   Magic  of  course,  capable of taking the  form  of any living animal or  element
   Clothing :  Don"t wear any. Just kidding !      An ankle length gown  and sometimes  a velvet cape  and  shoes.
   Weapons:   my magic,  and  a  sword

History :  I am   the daughter of an  good  and  kind  sorceress queen.  She passed away  when i was  a young baby.  Killed by those  who were afraid of her magic  and  considered her evil. My father  is  said  to be  agreat king, but i would not know   for i have  never  met him. He  sent me  away  as  a young  infant, for  fear that  the people  who killed  my mother would  kill me  too.  For  it is  said  that my powers  are more powerful  then  my  mothers. I  was sent  to live  with  my  hand servant   and  some other servants   in  an old  castle in  the ancient woods.      The woods is said  to be haunted  so no ones  ever visits me.  Although I know  that  is  just a myth.       I have made many friends  among  the animals  in the woods. They keep me  company.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sonata

Thank goodness for a slow day at work :D

Name: Birgitta Fairehaven
Race: Human
Height: 5'
Weight: 130
Skills: Bard. Can fight but mostly self-defense. Has enough 'small magic' to handle small wounds and light a camp fire without needing to rub sticks together.
Clothing: Deep green bodice, layered skirts in shades of brown, split for riding. Ankle-length hooded cloak in durable charcoal-colored broadcloth. Mid-calf length riding boots, well broken in. Wears a light pocketed vest over the bodice for travel. Carries two small belt pouches and one large enough to hold a tube of quills.
Weapons: Carries a long utilitarian dagger that she can defend herself with adequately but views mainly as a tool. Can throw accurately but has no training in ranged weapons and carries no items specifically for throwing (unless she slipped a pretty rock into her belt pouch at the last stream)
Mount: small saddle-trained sorrel mare
History: Birgitta was the daughter of a retainer to a small country Lord. She grew up wrestling and running the woods with the lord's sons until both she and they grew too old to enjoy such games, as well as sitting in on the occasional more interesting lesson with their tutor. Her parents were grateful that their Lord didn't mind the presence of the small girl, nor did he grudge her a chance to learn if she would. When she reached an appropriate age, she was taken in as apprentice to the Lord's bard. She learned from him the basic skills of a bard – harp playing, song writing, confidentiality, and trustworthiness among other things – as well as enough base magic to care for herself. He also helped her put a bit of polish on the defensive skills she had acquired in her younger wrestling-tomboy days.

Once she reached a marriageable age it became clear that, while she was loved, there was little reason for her to remain at home. None of the men of her age and class were interested in such a outspoken lass with so few typical female accomplishments, and there really wasn't a need for two bards in the Lord's court. Receiving with gratitude the gift of a small harp from her Master and a well-broken mare from the Lord, she kissed her parents and set out to find a place of her own. She's been looking ever since.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

SarviaRose

Luciana talked me into joining I will think of character info tonight.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

SarviaRose

Name:       Eirwen
Race:        Elf
Height:      5'6"
Weight:     120
Looks:       long dark brown hair almost black, pale skin, purple eyes
Skills:        trained fighter, hunter, and tracker. Some magic.
Clothing:    Dark brown cloak
                 Brown leather pants
                 Over dress that is split to work with her trade as listed above in various shades of green
                 light brown belt with many pouchs
Weapons:   Long bow
                 sword
                 hunting dagger
Mount:       None prefers to run
History:      Only child of her parents. Mother disapproved of her father wish to have her trained in weapons and hunting instead of healing. Her father won out, she and her mother are not close. Lost her parents and most of her kin during a raid by a neighboring tribe of elves. Went out on her own as soon after the loss, she does still keep a home in the village but only stays for a few weeks every few months. Prefers to be outdoors. She finds it hard to let other in for fear they too will leave.

Martin Montgomery

;D Shamrall will be surrounded by women!!!  Lucky little man!!!  If anyone wishes to suggest a working title,go ahead!! Allright!! It seems that we are :Gaia:Gypsy with Earth Magic and the gift of "Seeing",
Birgitta Fairehaven:Human Bard,Eirwen:Elven Warrior,Jadestar:Human/Elven Shape-Shifter and Shamrall: Half-trained,Thief/Magic User-Half-Halfling (Possibly a Half-wit) Did I miss anyone? No? Well once we come up with a Title,our little adventure can begin! Any others who wish to join us in writing said story,will be put to a Vote (O.K.?)   

Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Martin Montgomery on December 19, 2008, 03:52:05 AM
;D Shamrall will be surrounded by women!!!  Lucky little man!!!  If anyone wishes to suggest a working title,go ahead!! Allright!! It seems that we are :Gaia:Gypsy with Earth Magic and the gift of "Seeing",
Birgitta Fairehaven:Human Bard,Eirwen:Elven Warrior,Jadestar:Human/Elven Shape-Shifter and Shamrall: Half-trained,Thief/Magic User-Half-Halfling (Possibly a Half-wit) Did I miss anyone? No? Well once we come up with a Title,our little adventure can begin! Any others who wish to join us in writing said story,will be put to a Vote (O.K.?)   

ROFL..yea, i just noticed  you are the only  male  !  LOL  !     ( me  thinks  you chased away the  other males  sir  ;D ;)  ).  Hmmm  ..a  title...hmm...we could  call it   "   Shamrall and  his  harem    ".  Just kidding ! ;D ;D
     Lets  see   we have  magic  and  we have  swords.    we are also  ones  seeeking adventure.
         we are all different, or  misfits   in our  own worlds  so  to  speak.
            here is  an idea " The  Adventerous Misfits  " .
              or another  idea "   Magic  and  the  Sword  ".

Sonata

Three Ladies and a Little Man? *mischievous look*

SarviaRose

Martin Montgomery

;D I did NOT chase anyone off!!!!I just didn't forward this to any other men!  ::)
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Luciana

Hello!  My character is:   

Name:       Gaia
Race:        Human - gypsy tribe unknown
Height:      5'10
Weight:     150
Looks:       Brown long hair, oval face, blue eyes, light tanned skin
Skills:        Seer, earth magic user, skilled with herbs and good cook
Clothing:    Usual Garb- Hooded brown cloak, mustard yellow chemise, reddish brown bodice, several skirt in shades of brown,
                  sturdy brown leather boots. Her extra clothing are a white linen chemise red and yellow skirts, a pair of doe skin breeches, several shawls                 
Weapons:   A long dagger, bow and arrows and her white dog
Mount:       Most of the time she walks but she can ride a horse if necessary, but in that case she needs to find suitable transportation for her dog.
History:      To be added soon

Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Sonata on December 19, 2008, 01:19:32 PM
Three Ladies and a Little Man? *mischievous look*

ROFL--love it  !

Or  how  about  "  Shamrall's  angels    ( like charlie's  angels )   " .  ROFL

SarviaRose

Hum but wouldn't it be

4 ladies and a little man??